|Keith & Whitney|
|Members|| Keith Tollefson|
|Birth Dates|| October 1, 1985 (Keith)|
August 3, 1984 (Whitney)
|Occupation|| Energy advisor (Keith)|
|Roadblock Count|| Keith: 2|
|Countries raced|| |
They met on Survivor: South Pacific, and spent the majority of their five legs bickering with each other, even having Phil call them out for it. They rallied Michael & Scott and Lisa & Michelle to quit the Roadblock with them, although that did not seem to hinder their performance as they breezed through the physical tasks and generally finished near the top of the pack. Despite leaving the first two tasks in 1st Place in Leg 5, they struggled with the Detour and by the time they decided to switch sides, they were already in last place. With Shelley & Nici having U-Turned them in retaliation for a confrontation at the Roadblock, they were guaranteed an 8th Place finish.
Retrieved from CBS.com
- Name: Keith Tollefson
- Age: 29
- Hometown: Nashville, Tennessee
- Connection to your teammate: Fiancée
- Current occupation: Energy Advisor
- Describe what you do: Audit homes in Nashville for energy efficiency. Improve energy performance for residential homes.
- 3 words to describe you: Competitive, driven and friendly.
- Favorite hobbies: Surfing, traveling and playing any sport.
- What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Finding my soul mate.
- What famous person reminds you of yourself? None. I want people to know just me.
- What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Dolly Parton/Elvis.
- What scares you most about traveling? Not being able to read or understand another language and snakes.
- What excites you most about traveling? The adventure of something new and the unknown.
- Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: I'm way too annoyed listening to long stories or explanations (I'm a guy). I need to be less mean and more of a compassionate listener.
- Pet peeve about your teammate: She pees with the door open! Close the door!
- What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Bali, Indonesia. It seems like another world and a place to escape.
- What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? Increased appreciation and patience for her. Couples tend to lose this slowly as time goes on.
- Name: Whitney Duncan
- Age: 29
- Hometown: Nashville, Tennessee
- Connection to your teammate: Fiancé
- Current occupation: Singer/Songwriter
- Describe what you do: I write songs and I sing them.
- 3 words to describe you: Fun, adventurous and brave.
- Favorite hobbies: Hiking, reading and kayaking.
- What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Finding Keith.
- What famous person reminds you of yourself? Kate Hudson, because she seems down to earth and funny.
- What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Matthew McConaughey, because he's the all-American hunk and funny.
- What scares you most about traveling? Nothing!
- What excites you most about traveling? Seeing cool places with my soul mate.
- Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: We both can be really stubborn. We are so competitive and when we get in game mode, kindness goes right out the window.
- Pet peeve about your teammate: He thinks he knows everything.
- What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Thailand, New Zealand, Samoa (where we fell in love), and the Dominican Republic (where we were going to get married before we had to move the wedding to be on the Race).
- What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? An adventure! What a way to begin our marriage!
The Amazing Race 25
|Keith & Whitney's Race History|
|Episode||Leg||Destination(s)|| Detour Choice|
|1||1||United States → U.S. Virgin Islands||No Detour||Keith||9 of 11|||
|2||2||U.S. Virgin Islands → United Kingdom||About Face / Pancake Race||No Roadblock||4 of 10|
|3||3||United Kingdom||Pony Up / Light My Fire||No Roadblock||3 of 9|
|4||4||United Kingdom → Denmark → Sweden → Denmark||Parking Space / Wedding Cake||Whitney||3 of 8|
|5||5||Denmark → Morocco||Twirl Time / Tea Time||Keith||8 of 8⊃⋐|||
- They got married on July 27, 2014 with the teams of Adam & Bethany, Kym & Alli, Lisa & Michelle, and Tim & Te Jay in attendance.
- Whitney competed in the fifth season of Nashville Star, placing fifth.
- Keith & Whitney previously competed in Survivor: South Pacific. Keith placed 11th and Whitney 9th.
- Whitney's Wikipedia page: Whitney Duncan
- Rob Cesternino at RHAP (10/27/2014): "Amazing Race 2014: Exit Interview with the Latest Team Eliminated | E-mail Edition!"
- Elimination Interviews at CBS.com (10/27/2014): "Elimination Interview: Keith and Whitney"
- Joyce Eng at TV Guide Online (10/27/2014): "We Shouldn't Have Fought With Shelley and Nici"
- Elizabeth Kwiatkowski at Reality TV World (11/23/2015): "Exclusive: 'The Amazing Race' eliminees Keith Tollefson and Whitney Duncan talk" [Parts 1 & 2]
- Gordon Holmes at Xfinity.com (10/29/2014): "Shelley & Nici Were Being Kind of Nasty"
- Sheri Block at CTV.ca (11/03/2014): "Keith and Whitney say staying calm would've kept them"
Social Media Profiles
- Keith's Twitter: @KeithTollefson
- Whitney's Facebook: /whitneyd2
- Whitney's Twitter: @WhitneyDuncan
- Whitney's Instagram: /whitneyduncant
|The Amazing Race 25 Teams|