|Justin & Jennifer|
|Members|| Justin Young|
|Age|| 31 (Justin)|
|Hometown||Stone Mountain, Georgia|
|Occupation|| Doctor (Justin)|
Special Education Teacher (Jennifer)
|Roadblock Count|| Justin: 4|
Justin Young and Jennifer Young are a team of Siblings on the 19th season of The Amazing Race.
Retrived from CBS.com
- Age: 31
- Hometown: Stone Mountain, Ga.
- Connection to your teammate: Brother
- Current occupation: Doctor
- Describe what you do: I took time off from surgery residency and am now considering a change into emergency medicine. I plan to work part-time as an ER physician and at REI, while transitioning back into clinical training as an emergency medicine resident in 2012.
- How will these skills help you win The Race? Focus, drive, attention to detail and endurance are skills essential to surviving residency. I know they will help on even the toughest legs of The Race.
- Three words to describe you: Funny, observant and adventurous.
- Favorite hobbies: Watching movies, rock climbing and skiing
- What famous person reminds you of yourself? Charlie Brown
- What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Tina Turner
- What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Becoming a doctor.
- What scares you most about traveling? Accidentally getting lost in dangerous areas or offending local people. I would like to represent the U.S. in a positive way.
- What excites you most about traveling? The novelty of it. I love adventures, seeing new places and meeting new people.
- Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: She shuts down when she gets hungry or sleepy and has a tendency to get really mean when this happens.
- Pet peeve about your teammate: Her hunger and her sleep rage – she can get pretty irrational when she feels she has been wronged.
- What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Fiji – from the huts on the water to the openness and beauty.
- What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other then winning one million bucks)? I hope to gain an even stronger relationship and give her another reason to be proud of me as her big brother.
- Age: 26
- Hometown: Stone Mountain, Ga.
- Connection to your teammate: Sister
- Current occupation: Special Education Teacher
- Describe what you do: I teach kids to reach beyond the limits of their labels.
- How will these skills help you win The Race? Teaching special education has taught me that the sky is the limit and the only stumbling block is you. Patience, caring and understanding come with this job too.
- Three words to describe you: Outgoing, determined and loving.
- Favorite hobbies: Reading, napping and watching TV.
- What famous person reminds you of yourself? Taraji P. Henson because she is classy and sassy.
- What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Taye Diggs because he's smart, charming and always smiling.
- What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? I'm very proud of my teaching career as a whole. It takes a special person to teach and an extra special person to teach special education.
- What scares you most about traveling? Losing my passport and having to rot in some foreign prison for a crime I didn't commit - a la "Brokedown Palace."
- What excites you most about traveling? Meeting new people and seeing beautiful places.
- Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: I'm always the kid sister in his eyes. He doesn't always listen to me or take my word without double checking. This Race is fast and we won't have time for that.
- Pet peeve about your teammate: His whistling. Arrgh!
- What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Italy. I am fascinated and caught up in the beauty of the people, art, language and architecture.
- What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other then winning one million bucks)? I hope to grow closer and have a good time. We want to see the world and meet, greet and touch the people in it.
The Amazing Race 19
|Justin & Jennifer's Race History|
|Episode||Leg||Destination(s)|| Detour Choice|
|1||1||United States → Taiwan||No Detour||Jennifer||3 of 11|
|2||2||Taiwan → Indonesia||Shake Your Money Maker / Be a Ticket Taker||Justin||8 of 11|||
|3||3||Indonesia||Rice Field / Grass Fed||Justin||4 of 9|
|4||4||Indonesia → Thailand||Coral Reconstruction / Beach Preparation||Jennifer||2 of 8|
|5||5||Thailand||No Detour||Justin||4 of 8|||
|6||6||Thailand → Malawi||All Sewn Up / Not Grown Up||Justin||2 of 7|||
|7||7||Malawi||Dugout / Lugout||Jennifer||7 of 7|
1: Justin & Jennifer were the 6th team to arrive, but were forced to return to the 'Aisyiyah Orphanage, as they failed to donate all of their money to the orphanage, before they could check in. This dropped them to 8th place.
2: Leg 5 had two Roadblocks and no Detour. The team member who sat out the first Roadblock was required to perform the second one.
3: Justin & Jennifer arrived in 1st, but did not pay the truck driver who helped them to the Pit Stop. They were required to turn back and pay their driver, ultimately dropping them to 2nd.
- First team to be eliminated in Malawi.
- Justin's Twitter: @YoungDocJustin
- Jennifer's Facebook: /jennifer.young.9638718
|The Amazing Race 19 Teams|