|Justin & Diana|
|Hometown:|| Bronx, New York (Justin)|
Sharon Hill, Pennsylvania (Diana)
|Occupation:|| Morning Radio Personality (Justin)|
6th Grade Teacher (Diana)
|Roadblock Count:|| Justin: 6|
|Countries Raced:|| |
Justin Scheman and Diana Bishop are an Engaged team on The Amazing Race 27.
Retrieved from CBS.com
- Age: 39
- Hometown: Bronx, N.Y.
- Connection to your teammate: Fiancé
- Current occupation: Morning radio personality
- Describe what you do: I help people start their day with a smile. Also, I create and deliver four hours of content on the radio & online each morning and record and edit audio/video for web content.
- 3 words to describe you: Passionate, loyal and straight-forward.
- Favorite hobbies: Photography/videography, video games, travel and learning new skills/talents.
- What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Besides proposing to Diana with her own Amazing Race (the video went viral), I'm proud of all of the lives I have been able to change through my job.
- What famous person reminds you of yourself? Bruce Willis - a really down to earth guy who tells it like it is, a tough guy with a soft heart.
- What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Eliza Dushku- can hang out with the guys, has an amazing heart and infectious smile.
- What scares you most about traveling? The lack of a second language and knowledge of some customs.
- What excites you most about traveling? The different cultures, seeing the beauty of mother nature, sense of accomplishment, growing as a person and seeing the world through Diana's eyes.
- Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: Diana likes to finish my thoughts for me and then have a retort ready for points I was never trying to make. We both need to listen and hear what the other is actually trying to say.
- Pet peeve about your teammate: She doesn't answer direct questions with direct answers.
- What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Bora Bora; it looks like paradise. Alaska; one of the last frontiers. The UK; to visit the castles and history.
- What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? Travel the world, experience different cultures with the most beautiful person in the world. I want to add an unbelievable chapter to our "book of life" which is one step closer to happily ever after. I want to show her how strong and smart she really is. I love watching her grow as a person.
- Follow on Twitter and Instagram: @ JustinClassic1
- Age: 30
- Hometown: Sharon Hill, Pa.
- Connection to your teammate: Fiancée
- Current occupation: 6th grade teacher
- Describe what you do: I create lessons that teach reading skills to 6th graders, and then use those lessons to teach students how to read and understand various types of writing.
- 3 words to describe you: Go-getter, sensitive and passionate.
- Favorite hobbies: Arts and crafts, reading and exploring new places.
- What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? I am most proud of my teaching career. I have wanted to teach since I was 5 years old. Teaching for me is not just "what I do"...it's part of who I am. Watching my students learn and develop throughout the school year is extremely rewarding!
- What famous person reminds you of yourself? Zooey Deschanel. She isn't afraid to be herself, she's super goofy and can hang out with anyone.
- What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Vin Diesel. He has a tough exterior, but a soft heart.
- What scares you most about traveling? The unknown! Unfamiliar places, language barriers, different customs and laws can be very scary and intimidating.
- What excites you most about traveling? The unknown! It's exciting to explore new sights, meet new people, experience new cultures and see the beauty of new places.
- Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: Sometimes the "New Yorker" in Justin comes out. I shut down and do not want to talk to him!
- Pet peeve about your teammate: Justin always needs to be right.
- What country and place would you most like to visit and why? I would most like to visit Italy and the UK because my grandparents are from there. I am interested to see where my family roots started and where my grandparents grew up.
- What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? I would love to travel around the world and experience the different cultures that I read and learn about. I hope to come home with a deeper appreciation of the diversity in the world.
- Follow on Twitter and Instagram: @LadyClassicOne
The Amazing Race 27
|Justin & Diana's Race History|
|1||1||United States → Brazil||Sand / Sidewalk||No Roadblock||9 of 11|||
|2||2||Brazil → Argentina||Cartoneros / Fleteros||Diana||1 of 10|
|3||3||Argentina||Horse / Carriage||Justin||2 of 9|
|4||4||Argentina → Zambia → Zimbabwe||Co-Op / Croquet||Diana||1 of 8|
|5||5||Zimbabwe||Crocs / Canoes||Justin||2 of 8|
|6||6||Zimbabwe → France||Drops Mic / Bust a Crab||Diana||1 of 7|||
|7||7||France → The Netherlands||Ship / Skip||Diana||1 of 7|
|8||8||The Netherlands → Poland||Mine / Music||Justin||1 of 6|
|9||9||Poland → India||Cans / Candy||Diana||1 of 6|
|10||10||India||Bring the Groom / Bring the Fun||Justin||1 of 5⊂|
|11||11||India → Hong Kong → Macau||Sam's / Cells||Diana||3 of 4|||
|12||12||Macau → United States||No Detour||Justin||2 of 3|
- Justin & Diana married on October 28, 2016 in Las Terrenas, Dominican Republic.
- Justin & Diana announced on social media that they are expecting their first child on June 25, 2018.
- Justin is known for orchestrating a fake Amazing Race, complete with crew members and spanning 5,000 miles, to propose to Diana under the northern lights in Iceland.
- The video went viral on YouTube.
- Diana is of Italian descent.
- Second team (in US version) to go to the Fast Forward, but could not attempt due to unsafe weather conditions after Jason & Amy.
- Most consecutive legs won by an American team with five straight leg wins.
- Justin is the most quoted person for episode titles in a single season with six during the 27th season.
- Elizabeth Kwiatkowski at Reality TV World (12/14/2015): "Exclusive - The Amazing Race's runner-up team Justin Scheman and Diana Bishop talk" [Parts 1 & 2]
- Rob Cesternino at RHAP (12/14/2016): "Amazing Race 2015: Exit Interview with Runner-Ups of Season 27"
- The Amazing Race Fans (Facebook Group) (12/15/2016): "TAR 27 Q&A"
Social Media Profiles
- Justin & Diana's Facebook: /JustinClassic1
- Justin & Diana's YouTube Channel: /Justice965
- Justin & Diana's YouTube Channel: /UCO-xeOc9UvuGWLZPe8dd4yg
- Justin's Facebook: /MorningTool
- Justin's Twitter: @JustinClassic1
- Justin's Instagram: /JustinClassic1
- Diana's Facebook: /ladieclassic
- Diana's Twitter: @ladyclassicone
- Diana's Instagram: /ladyclassicone
- ↑ https://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/cast/215098/
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwToNtk6g2Q
- ↑ https://www.facebook.com/ladieclassic/posts/10117122983560574
- ↑ https://www.instagram.com/p/Bkcd92vF2mR
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qSqjl7C4b4
- ↑ http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/19/amazing-race-marriage-proposal_n_6351292.html
- ↑ http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/cast/215098/
|The Amazing Race 27 Teams|