|Joe & Heidi|
|Members|| Joe Wang|
|Age|| 42 (Joe)|
|Hometown||El Segundo, California|
|Occupation|| Software sales executive (Joe)|
|Roadblock Count|| Joe: 2|
Joe Wang and Heidi Wang are a Married team on the 16th season of The Amazing Race.
- Age: 42
- Hometown: El Segundo, California
- Connection to your Teammate: Married
- Current Occupation: Software Sales Executive
- Favorite Hobbies: Coaching youth sports, poker and golf
- Achievements: My biggest achievement is my family.
- Lifelong to do List: Travel around the world.
- If I could switch places with someone: My son Jameson who has unlimited potential.
- Role Model/Hero: My parents. They immigrated here to USA to provide a better life for me.
- What are you passionate about? Raising my kids to be the best they can be.
- What would you do if you won the million dollars? Pay for my kids' college education.
- People would be surprised to learn: I was born in Taiwan and speak fluent Mandarin Chinese
- Favorite place you have ever visited: Fiji
- Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on the Race together: Getting a task that we both can't do and being away from our kids for an extended period of time.
- What do you hope to accomplish by running the Race (other then winning one million bucks)? Create a closer bond with Heidi
- Pet peeve about your teammate: She can't multi-task.
- Age: 37
- Hometown: El Segundo, California
- Connection to your Teammate: Wife
- Current Occupation: Homemaker
- Favorite Hobbies: Traveling, gourmet cooking, shopping, golfing and reading
- Achievements: Giving birth to my two beautiful and intelligent kids, having a successful finance career prior to choosing to stay home to raise my children.
- Lifelong to do List: Run a marathon, improve my golf game and to never stop learning new things
- If I could switch places with someone: It would have to be with my daughter, Herason. The opportunities and potential for a young girl today are endless.
- Role Model/Hero: My parents, Richard and Yohko Leeser. They sacrificed everything for their children to give them a better life. I have the utmost respect and admiration for both of them.
- What are you passionate about? My family. There are no words for the love and devotion I have for my husband and children.
- What would you do if you won the million dollars? Invest it towards my children's college education fund
- People would be surprised to learn: In high school, I was voted Senior Class President, Most Likely to Succeed, Most Likely to win a Nobel Peace Prize and Most Likely to Total Their Car
- Favorite place you have ever visited: My home. Although I've traveled extensively and visited many wonderful places, there really is "no place like home."
- Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on the Race together: Being away from our children for so long and not being able to eat sushi.
- What do you hope to accomplish by running the Race (other then winning one million bucks)? Spending quality one-on-one time with my husband. We both could use some extra, uninterrupted time and attention from the other. Additionally, I plan to re-enter the professional workplace soon and I hope this experience makes me a better job candidate.
- Pet peeve about your teammate: Joe is a very intense and short tempered individual who thinks he's right all the time!
The Amazing Race 16
|Joe & Heidi's Race History|
|Episode||Leg||Destination(s)|| Detour Choice|
|1||1||United States → Chile||No Detour||Joe||5 of 11|
|2||2||Chile||Llama Adoration / Condor Consternation||Heidi||2 of 10|
|3||3||Chile → Argentina||Horse Sense / Horse Power||Heidi||4 of 9|
|4||4||Argentina → Germany||Soccer / Sauerkraut||Joe||3 of 8|
|5||5||Germany → France||In the Trenches / Under Fire||No Roadblock||8 of 8⊃|||
1: Joe and Heidi failed to complete the second Detour task (In the Trenches) that they had to do as a result of being U-Turned. After all of the other teams had already checked in at the Pit Stop, Phil came out to their location and eliminated them.
- Joyce Eng at TV Guide Online (03/15/2010): "Morse Code Challenge was an impossible task"
- Gina Scarpa at Reality Wanted (03/15/2010): "The Amazing Race 16: Exclusive Interview with Joe and Heidi Wang"
- Digital Spy (03/15/2010): "Joe and Heidi chat to Digital Spy about their exit."
- Carrie Bell at People.com (03/16/2010): "Joe and Heidi on Facing U-Turn"
- Reality TV World (03/16/2010): "Exclusive: Joe Wang and Heidi Wang talk about The Amazing Race"
- Henrik Batallones at BuddyTV (03/17/2010): "Exclusive Interview: Joe and Heidi from The Amazing Race 16"
- Hollywood Life (03/22/2010): "Catch Up With Joe And Heidi!"
Social Media Profiles
- Joe's Facebook: /joe.wang.562114
- Heidi's Facebook: /heidi.leeserwang
|The Amazing Race 16 Teams|