|Joe & Bill|
|Members|| Joseph Baldassare|
|Birth Dates|| February 8, 1950 (Joe)|
August 11, 1954 (Bill)
|Hometown||Laguna Niguel, California|
|Roadblock Count|| Joe: 7|
|Countries raced|| |
|Roadblock Count|| Joe: 2|
|Countries raced|| |
Retrieved from CBS.com
Joe and Bill were introduced by a mutual friend at a Utah ski resort in 1986. They have traveled extensively and happily together, and lived in Paris for two years. When they found out about THE AMAZING RACE on the Internet, they decided that it is the perfect game for them. They make a strong team because they've been partners for fourteen years and are totally compatible traveling companions. 
"Team Guido", the avid adventurers from Season 1, return for another attempt at the $1 million prize. Claiming they've had their bags packed since they returned home from the first season, they are ready to go!
Admittedly, one of the most conniving teams in the history of Race, "Team Guido" were the masters of the old-school strategy and successfully outplayed most of their former competitors.
Although Joe has done really well for himself professionally, his reason for returning to Race is to win so that he and Bill can retire and never have to work again. He describes himself as loyal, intelligent and responsible. He also claims that the biggest difference between Bill and himself is that he saves more money while Bill is a spender. Bill on the other hand describes himself as meticulous and upbeat, claiming that his biggest fear is heights and looking terrible on national television.After 20 years, Bill and Joe remain committed and enjoy life to the fullest. One question remains though... After being away from the game for so long, do they have what it takes to compete against the best racers of all time?
The Amazing Race 1
|Joe & Bill's Race History|
|1||1||United States → South Africa → Zambia||Air / Land||Joe||2 of 11|||
|2||2||Zambia → France||Far / Near||Bill||2 of 10|
|3||3||France||Tough Climb / Easy Walk||Joe||4 of 9|
|4||4||France → Tunisia||Full Body Brew / Full Body Massage||Bill||1 of 8|
|5||5||Tunisia||Listening / Puzzling||Joe||2 of 7|
|6||6||Tunisia → Italy||Foot / Hoof||Joe||2 of 6|||
|7||7||Italy → India||Glide / Ride||Joe||2 of 6|
|8||8||India||Elephant / Row Boat||Bill||4 of 5|
|9||9||India → Thailand||Used Fast Forward||4 of 5►|||
|10||10||Thailand||Hike / Climb||Joe||4 of 4|
|11||11||Thailand → China||Volley / Rally||Joe||3 of 4|
|12||12||China → United States||Flat / Steep||Bill||3 of 3|
|13||13||United States||Race Over||3 of 3|||
1: There was an unaired Roadblock where one teammate had to cook a whole ostrich egg for the whole team to eat.
2: Joe & Bill originally checked in at the Pit Stop at 2nd Place but they incurred a 30-minute penalty for not following a clue correctly before they were officially checked in. However, their placement was not affected.
3: Joe & Bill originally arrived at the Pit Stop in last despite using the Fast Forward. However, due to Nancy & Emily's 24-hour penalty for deliberately forfeiting of the Detour, Joe & Bill moved up to 4th Place, eliminating the former.
4: Joe & Bill were so far behind that when they reached the last Detour, their next clue informed them that the race was over.
The Amazing Race: All-Stars (2007)
|Joe & Bill's Race History|
|1||1||United States → Ecuador||Wrangle It / Recover It||No Roadblock||5 of 11|
|2||2||Ecuador → Chile||By Hand / By Machine||Bill||3 of 10|
|3||3||Chile||Vertical Limit / River Wild||Joe||7 of 9|
|4||4||Chile → Argentina||Navigate It / Sign It||Bill||4 of 8|
|5||5||Argentina → Mozambique||Pamper / Porter||Joe||5 of 7|
|6||6||Mozambique → Tanzania||Solve It / Schlep It||Bill||6 of 7|
|7||7||Tanzania → Poland||Perfect Pitch / Perfect Angle||Unknown||6 of 6|||
|8||8||Poland||Eat It Up / Roll It Out||Bill||6 of 6|||
5: Leg 7 had an unaired Roadblock. It is unknown if Joe or Bill completed it.
6: Joe & Bill initially arrived 5th, but were issued a 30-minute penalty for being "marked for elimination" and not arriving 1st. During this time, Eric & Danielle - the only team trailing Joe & Bill at that point - were able to check in shortly after Joe & Bill arrived and were eliminated before the 30 minutes elapsed.
- In 2010, Guido, their pet dog/team name, died.
- Joe & Bill are the first team with LGBT racers to compete on the race.
- Joe & Bill are the first team to win a leg without using the Fast Forward.
- Joe & Bill are the first team to win the Fast Forward and not arrive first.
- Joe & Bill are the first team to finish last in a Non-Elimination Leg and survive the following leg.
- Along with David & Jeff, the only teams to make it to the final leg but not make it to the finish line without being eliminated on the course.
- Joe & Bill are the first team to be eliminated in Poland.
- Jane Clayson on The Early Show (12/14/2001): "Ding Dong The Lawyers Won"
- Brill Bundy at Zap2it (12/14/2001): "The Amazing Crosses the Finish Line"
- Reality TV World (01/15/2002): "TARS Exclusive Interview with Team Guido"
- Miss Alli at Television Without Pity (01/26/2002): "The Guido Interview"
- Oscar Dahl at BuddyTV (04/02/2007): "Exclusive Interview: Joe and Bill, 6th Team Eliminated on The Amazing Race: All-Stars"
- Christopher Rocchio at Reality TV World (04/02/2007): "Joe and Bill talk about their All-Stars experience"
- Eric Goldman at IGN (04/03/2007): "All-Stars Interview: Joe & Bill"
- Teeuwynn Woodruff on RealityNewsOnline (04/03/2007): "I Think We Know Each Other's Strengths"
- Rob Cesternino & Jessica Liese at RHAP (02/26/2014): "Amazing Race 2014: Episode 1 Recap LIVE with Team Guido"
- Jessica Liese at RHAP (11/0/2014): "The Amazing Race 2015: Team Guido-cast!"
- MIchael Harmstone & Logan Saunders (01/23/2015) at YATNCAST: "Podcast #53: Guido-cast"
Social Media Profiles
- Joe & Bill's Facebook: /TeamGuido
- Joe & Bill's Twitter: @TeamGuido
|The Amazing Race 1 Teams|
|The Amazing Race: All-Stars (2007) Teams|