|Joe & Bill|
|Teammates|| Joe Baldassare|
- Age: 50 (Season 1), 56 (Season 11)
- Hometown: Laguna Niguel, California
- Age: 47 (Season 1), 53 (Season 11)
- Hometown: Laguna Niguel, California
Joe and Bill were introduced by a mutual friend at a Utah ski resort in 1986. They have traveled extensively and happily together, and lived in Paris for two years. When they found out about THE AMAZING RACE on the Internet, they decided that it is the perfect game for them. They make a strong team because they've been partners for fourteen years and are totally compatible traveling companions. They named themselves "Team Guido" after their dog, a toy fox terrier that has passed away in 2010.
"Team Guido", the avid adventurers from Season 1, return for another attempt at the $1 million prize. Claiming they've had their bags packed since they returned home from the first season, they are ready to go!
Admittedly, one of the most conniving teams in the history of Race, "Team Guido" were the masters of the old-school strategy and successfully outplayed most of their former competitors.
Although Joe has done really well for himself professionally, his reason for returning to Race is to win so that he and Bill can retire and never have to work again. He describes himself as loyal, intelligent and responsible. He also claims that the biggest difference between Bill and himself is that he saves more money while Bill is a spender. Bill on the other hand describes himself as meticulous and upbeat, claiming that his biggest fear is heights and looking terrible on national television.
After 20 years, Bill and Joe remain committed and enjoy life to the fullest. One question remains though... After being away from the game for so long, do they have what it takes to compete against the best racers of all time?
- Leg 1: 2nd
- Leg 2: 2nd
- Leg 3: 4th
- Leg 4: 1st
- Leg 5: 2nd
- Leg 6: 2nd (30-minute penalty)
- Leg 7: 2nd
- Leg 8: 4th
- Leg 9: 4th (Fast Forward)
- Leg 10: 4th (Non-Elimination)
- Leg 11: 3rd
- Leg 12: 3rd (Non-Elimination)
- Leg 13: 3rd
- Leg 1: 5th
- Leg 2: 3rd
- Leg 3: 7th
- Joe performed the Roadblock.
- Finished the Roadblock in 2nd but missed the vital information of Petrohue and scribbled down La Maquina.
- Because of the mistake, the Guidos got lost.
- After meeting up with Charla & Mirna, Joe finally realized his mistake when Mirna pointed it out.
- Leg 4: 4th
- Leg 5: 5th
- Leg 6: 6th
- Leg 7: 6th (Non-Elimination)
- Leg 8: 6th (30-minute penalty; Eliminated)
- They never fell below 4th place in any leg of the race!!
- Settled for 3rd because they were way too far behind.
- Eliminated due to not arriving 1st and being marked for elimination and received a 30-minute penalty.
- First team to win the Fast Forward and not arrive first.
- First team to not be present at the Finish Line at the end of the race.
- Oldest team to finish in 3rd place, 48.5
- Oldest team to finish in 6th place, 54.5
- Oldest team to finish in 6th place without winning any leg, 54.5
- First gay team.
- Oldest gay team, 54.5
- Oldest male team to be in the final three, 48.5
- Highest average placing team with one leg won in a season, 2.77
- Oldest team to be the 6th team to be eliminated, 54.5
- Oldest team to be the 6th team to be eliminated without winning any leg, 54.5
- Lowest average placing male team who were the 6th team to be eliminated, 5.25
- Lowest average placing male team who were the 6th team to be eliminated without winning any leg, 5.25
- Highest average placing male team with an age average of over 40, 2.77
- Lowest average placing male team with an age average of over 50, 5.25
- Highest finish by a team with an age average of over 50, 6th place (tied with Mel & Mike).
- Oldest team to win a leg and come in 3rd, 48.5
- First male team to arrive last at a non-elimination leg.
- First team to arrive last at a non-elimination leg and survive the next leg.
- First team to arrive last at a non-elimination leg and make it to the final three.
- First team to arrive last at an elimination leg but not get eliminated (Nancy & Emily took a 24-hour penalty for skipping the Detour).
- First team to be eliminated in Poland.
- Oldest male team, 48.5
- Oldest team in the Final Three, 48.5
- Lowest average placing team in the final three, 2.77
- Oldest team, 54.5
- Oldest team who didn't earn a spot in the final three, 54.5
- Highest finish by a team without winning any leg, 6th place.
- Last team from Season 1 standing.
- Lowest finish by a team who won a leg in the previous season as a team,6th place.
|The Amazing Race Season Index|
US (1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · 10 · 11 · 12 · 13 · 14 · 15 · 16 · 17 · 18 · 19 · 20 · 21 · 22)
|The Amazing Race 1 Teams|
|The Amazing Race: All-Stars Teams|