|Jody & Shannon|
|Members|| Jody Kelly|
|Age|| 71 (Jody)|
|Hometown|| Round Rock, Texas (Jody)|
Georgetown, Tex (Shannon)
|Occupation|| Personal Trainer (Jody)|
Healthcare Outreach Contract Analyst (Shannon)
|Roadblock Count|| Jody: 1|
Jody Kelly and Shannon Foster are a Grandmother/Granddaughter team on the 16th season of The Amazing Race.
Retrieved from CBS.com
- Age: 71
- Hometown: Round Rock, Texas
- Connection to your Teammate: Grandmother
- Current Occupation: Personal Trainer
- Pet peeve about your teammate: Sometimes her clothing choices seem a bit too revealing
- Favorite Hobbies: Triathlons, writing, reading and challenging myself
- Achievements: Other than giving birth to my four children, I am most proud of leaving behind my sedentary lifestyle five years ago and starting to live a healthy, athletic lifestyle
- Lifelong to do List: Finish a half ironman triathlon. Finish a full marathon. Publish another book. Motivate people to become active. Climb more Colorado mountains. Walk the Appalachian Trail. Go trekking in Norway. Bicycle through the Netherlands. Develop a TV show featuring elderly athletes
- If I could switch places with someone: It might be fun to be Carol Burnett for half a day, but then I'd want to come home
- Role Model/Hero: Sister Madonna Buder who finished the Kona ironman at age 78.
- What are you passionate about? I'm passionate about giving hope to people who think they can't change and helping them improve their lives
- What would you do if you won the million dollars? Donate half to the Strengthmobile Foundation and spend the other half on a 500-square foot condominium within a mile of Lady Bird Lake in Austin, Texas
- People would be surprised to learn: For two years in the mid 1990s, I performed amateur stand-up comedy to compensate for a really grim period I was going through
- Favorite place you have ever visited: Rural Ireland and Hua Hin, Thailand
- Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on the Race together: Communicating and working together as a team
- What do you hope to accomplish by running the Race (other than winning one million bucks)? As the oldest person who has ever participated in the Race, I hope to show that age is more than a number
- Age: 22
- Hometown: Georgetown, Texas
- Connection to your Teammate: Granddaughter
- Current Occupation: Healthcare Outreach Contract Analyst
- Pet peeve about your teammate: Grandma can get a bit uptight at times and has a tendency to get carried away
- Favorite Hobbies: Running, dancing and swimming
- Achievements: Getting my degree in Economics from Southwestern University in Georgetown, Texas
- Lifelong to do List: Run a marathon, earn a medical degree or physician assistant degree and join Doctors Without Borders
- If I could switch places with someone: I would never switch places with someone
- Role Model/Hero: All the strong-willed and capable women that I am related to—my mom, grandma and great-grandma
- What are you passionate about? Staying fit and healthy and helping others do the same
- What would you do if you won the million dollars? I would backpack across Southeast Asia
- People would be surprised to learn: I lived in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia from eight months old until I was almost 10-years-old
- Favorite place you have ever visited: Either Angkor Wat in Cambodia or the Great Wall of China
- Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on the Race together: Making quick decisions without my Mom acting as a middleman
- What do you hope to accomplish by running the Race (other than winning one million bucks)? To get a chance to travel with my grandma and to have an opportunity to practice making decisions in a fast-paced and competitive environment
The Amazing Race 16
|Jody & Shannon's Race History|
|Episode||Leg||Destination(s)|| Detour Choice|
|1||1||United States → Chile||No Detour||Shannon||10 of 11|
|2||2||Chile||Llama Adoration / Condor Consternation||Jody||10 of 10|
- Oldest grandparent/grandchild team, 46.5
- First grandmother/granddaughter team.
- Largest age gap between the teammates for any team, 49 years apart.
- Jody is oldest woman ever to compete at age 71 and was the oldest overall until Vladimir.
- In Touch Weekly (02/21/2010): "Jody and Shannon are sent packing on The Amazing Race"
- Joyce Eng at TV Guide Online (02/22/2010): "Don't Blame the Cow for Our Exit"
- Gina Scarpa at Reality Wanted (02/22/2010): "The Amazing Race 16: Exclusive Interview with Jody Kelly and Shannon Foster"
- Henrik Batallones at BuddyTV (02/23/2010): "Exclusive Interview: Jody and Shannon from The Amazing Race 16"
- Reality TV World (02/23/2010): "Exclusive: Jody Kelly and Shannon Foster talk The Amazing Race"
- Jennifer Murray at Hollywood Life (02/23/2010): "EXCLUSIVE: 'Amazing Race' Contestants Jody & Shannon Talk
- Carrie Bell at People.com (02/23/2010): "Amazing Race's Jody 'Rattled' By Cow Kick to the Face"
Social Media Profiles
- Jody's Facebook: /jody.kelly.37
|The Amazing Race 16 Teams|