|Jim & Marsha|
|Birth Dates:|| October 4, 1950 (Jim)|
July 5, 1977 (Marsha)
|Hometown:|| Jacksonville, Florida (Jim)|
Gainesville, Florida (Marsha)
|Relation:||Military dad and daughter|
|Occupation:|| Helicopter pilot (Jim)|
Law student (Marsha)
|Roadblock Count:|| Jim: 1|
Jim McCoy and Marsha McCoy are a team of Military Dad and Daughter on The Amazing Race 5.
Jim & Marsha are a father-daughter Team from Jacksonville, Florida. Jim, who is married to Marsha's mother, Linda, is a helicopter pilot who spent 23 years in the military, including a tour in Vietnam. As a military family, they were fortunate to have had their primary residence in Jacksonville for many years, but they have also spent two years living in Germany. Marsha is a law student at the University of Florida College of Law. She said that as a child she was an ugly duckling, and still is, but thinks she transformed herself when she became an NFL cheerleader for the Jacksonville Jaguars and also posed for the cheerleaders' calendar.
Jim & Marsha believe that this experience will give them the opportunity to work as partners rather than father and daughter. Marsha says she hopes this will force her dad to view her in a different light. Jim says they are excited about competing in THE AMAZING RACE 5 because "it would be a chance of a lifetime, especially for someone like me, who has never won a thing in his life!"
The Amazing Race 5
|Jim & Marsha's Race History|
|1||1||United States → Uruguay||Zips / Chips||No Roadblock||10 of 11|
|2||2||Uruguay → Argentina||Perro / Tango||Marsha||3 of 10|
|3||3||Argentina||Smooth Sailing / Rough Riding||Jim||9 of 9|
- Jim & Marsha are the first father-daughter team and the first co-ed parent/child team.
- CBS.com featured them for a Father's Day Celebration slideshow in 2015.
- FansOfReality TV (07/21/2004): "Our Interview with Jim and Marsha"
- Syler Rene Syler on The Early Show (07/22/2004): "Race Ends For Military Team"
- Laura Kenney at Elites TV (07/22/2004): "Reality People Talk - JIm and Marsha of The Amazing Race"
- Ethan Alter at TV Guide Online (07/26/2004): "Amazing Race's Sports Injury"
- Nancy McAlister at The Florida Times-Union (07/27/2004): "Race was simply amazing"
- Phil Kural at RealityNewsOnline (07/30/2004): "Living The Daddy/Daughter Dream"
- John Crook at Zap2it (08/15/2004): "The Race is on"
Social Media Profiles
- Marsha's Facebook: /marsha.mccoy.902
|The Amazing Race 5 Teams|