|Jen & Shawn|
|Hometown:||Halifax, Nova Scotia|
|Occupation:|| Holistic Nutrition Practitioner (Jen)|
Partner, President, and Chief Creative Officer of an Advertising Agency (Shawn)
|Roadblock Count:|| Jen: 1|
Jen King and Shawn King are a Married team on The Amazing Race Canada 2.
- Age: 40
- Occupation: Holistic Nutrition Practitioner
- Current City: Halifax
- Hometown: Oromocto, N.B.
- Strengths: Independent, well-travelled, known teammate for majority of life
- Fears/Phobias: None
- Favourite Travel Destination: Kelowna, B.C.
- Pet Peeve about Teammate: "He is a little obsessive."
- Age: 41
- Occupation: Partner, President, and Chief Creative Officer of an Advertising Agency
- Current City: Halifax
- Hometown: Carbonear, N.L.
- Strengths: Engaging, detail-oriented, known teammate for majority of life
- Fears/Phobias: Snakes
- Favourite Travel Destination: Italy or Germany
- Pet Peeve about Teammate: "She gets 'hangry' (hungry and angry) and everything has to stop until she eats. It can be a pain sometimes."
These charismatic East Coast sweethearts met when Shawn was in a band and Jen was dating a jock. Friends first, they have now been married for 15 years and work hard to maintain a strong bond and loving relationship. This edgy, tattooed couple claims they are fun while still dedicated to their careers and family. Neither is shy about pointing out the other's mistakes but after more than 20 years, these two have a remarkable capacity to hash things out quickly, albeit sometimes loudly.
Both Jen and Shawn are concerned that their age might play a factor in the race. Although both are in great shape they worry about the physical challenges might trip them up. These two often finish each other sentences and agree that their relationship is their greatest asset. "Having a teammate who's known me for more than half my life is a strength," said Jen. "It's how we work together," agrees Shawn. "We know each other very well."
As parents, they are focused on staying in touch with what is going on in their 17-year-old son's life. They're the "cool parents" that all the kids come to for advice, which helps them maintain a close relationship with their own teenager.
Jen and Shawn would like to prove to their family, and themselves, that they are up for 'The Amazing Race Canada' challenge and that not giving up is what life is all about. There's a sense that both of them are ready to prove to the world that their "cool" factor hasn't disappeared. Winning would also help them with their son's impending college finances.
The Amazing Race Canada 2
|Jen & Shawn's Race History|
|1||1||Alberta → British Columbia||No Detour||Jen||10 of 11|||
|2||2||British Columbia||Sharp Knives / Sharp Eyes||Did not perform||10 of 10|||
- Jen's Twitter: @2ndNatureNut
- Shawn's Twitter: @extremekinger
|The Amazing Race Canada 2 Teams|