|Jelani & Jenny|
|Members|| Jelani Roy|
|Hometown|| New York City, New York (Jelani)|
Los Angeles, California (Jenny)
|Occupation|| Lawyer (Jelani)|
|Roadblock Count|| Jelani: 6|
|Countries raced|| |
Jelani Roy and Jenny Wu are a Blind Dating team on The Amazing Race 26.
- Name: Jelani Roy
- Age: 32
- Hometown: New York, NY
- Relationship Status: Single
- Current occupation: Lawyer
- Describe what you do: I currently have an equity interest in an internet startup where I negotiate deals with fortune 500 companies. I'm also a sports agent.
- 3 words to describe you: Loyal, intelligent and fun.
- Favorite hobbies: Playing/watching sports, cooking and bar hopping.
- What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Passing the New York bar exam the first time I took it.
- What scares you most about traveling? Nothing
- What excites you most about traveling? Seeing new places and interacting with the people from there.
- How many serious relationships have you been in? Three serious relationships.
- What are your deal breakers in a relationship? They have to be compassionate.
- What are the top 3 qualities you are looking for in a mate? Pretty, laid back and fun.
- What are 3 turn offs or pet peeves in a mate? Smokers (but learn to tolerate it), being mean and high maintenance.
- Who is your celebrity crush? Emilia Clarke (Khaleesi from Game of Thrones).
- What famous person reminds you of yourself? I get Taye Diggs a lot.
- What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Antarctica, because it one of the few remaining mostly untouched places on earth.
- Name: Jenny Wu
- Age: 32
- Hometown: Los Angeles
- Relationship Status: Single
- Current occupation: Blogger/lawyer
- Describe what you do: As a blogger, I create content via my blog and other media platforms and work with fashion and beauty companies on digital collaboration and campaigns. As a lawyer, I'm creative, resourceful, observant, analytical and take calculated risks.
- 3 words to describe you: Feisty, bubbly and adventurous.
- Favorite hobbies: Photography, attending music festivals and hiking.
- What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Coming to terms with who I am and what I want in life while letting go of my fear of being alone.
- What scares you most about traveling? The one thing that scares me about traveling is not knowing if the next bathroom will just be a hole in the ground.
- What excites you most about traveling? Getting lost and finding my way back.
- How many serious relationships have you been in? Only one! I dated my high school sweetheart for 10 years before getting married. We recently got a divorce.
- What are your deal breakers in a relationship? Selfishness, laziness, settling for the status quo and aversion to desserts.
- What are the top 3 qualities you are looking for in a mate? Excellent banter skills, quick wit and a striking resemblance to Leonardo DiCaprio.
- What are 3 turn offs or pet peeves in a mate? The losing trifecta is someone who doesn't have anything interesting to say, but can't stop talking about himself, and is devoid of any unique perspective.
- Who is your celebrity crush? Leonardo DiCaprio
- What famous person reminds you of yourself? Norma Jean Baker
- What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Turks and Caicos because I want to catch lobsters with my bare hands.
The Amazing Race 26
|Jelani & Jenny's Race History|
|1||1||United States → Japan||Syncing Steps / Samurai Sake||No Roadblock||1 of 11|
|2||2||Japan||Share / Chair||Jelani||1 of 10|
|3||3||Japan → Thailand||Ski / Tree||No Roadblock||3 of 9|
|4||4||Thailand||Water / Wheel||Jelani||7 of 9|
|5||5||Thailand → Germany||Stein / Stack||Jenny||4 of 8|
|6||6||Germany → France → Monaco → France||Don't Slack Off / Win By a Nose||Jenny||5 of 7|
|7||7||France → Namibia||Track / Pack||Jelani||4 of 6|
|8||8||Namibia||Work / Play||Jelani||4 of 6ϵ⊃|||
|9||9||Namibia → The Netherlands||Soak / Shuffle||Jenny||3 of 5♥|
|10||10||The Netherlands → Peru||Mamas / Papas||Jenny||2 of 5♥|
|11||11||Peru||Shake Your Hips / Make Some Bricks||Jelani||2 of 4|
|12||12||Peru → United States||No Detour||Jelani||2 of 4|||
- Jenny and boyfriend Michael were featured homebuyers on an episode of HGTV's House Hunters Renovation, first aired May 21, 2016.
- Jenny and Michael married in September 2016, and welcomed their first child, a son, in November later that year.
- Along with Bergen & Kurt, Hayley & Blair, Jeff & Jackie, and Laura & Tyler, Jelani & Jenny are the second through sixth teams to race without a pre-existing relationship [after Mark & Mallory of All-Stars (2014)].
- First team ever to consist of Asian-American and African-American contestant.
- First Asian-American/African-American team to win a leg.
- First American team to be U-Turned while in possession of the Express Pass.
- AsianBlackCouples.com (03/28/2015): "Jelani Roy and Jenny Wu – Blasian Couple Blind Dating On The Amazing Race"
- Rob Cesternino at RHAP (05/18/2015): "Amazing Race 2015 | Top 4 Exit Interviews"
- Joyce Eng at TV Guide Online (05/19/2015): "We Sucked at Taking Selfies"
- Elimination Interviews at CBS.com (05/19/2015): "Race Runners Up Jenny and Jelani Bonded Over Their Blind Date Experience: Giving it their all until the end"
- Elizabeth Kwiatkowski at Reality TV World (05/20/2015): "Exclusive: The Amazing Race runner-up couple Jenny Wu and Jelani Roy dish on the season"
- Lauren DuBois at Enstarz.com (05/21/2015): "Jenny & Jelani Admit That Selfies Cost Them $1 Million Prize"
Social Media Profiles
- Jelani's Facebook: /jelani.roy
- Jelani's Twitter: @Jlawhat
- Jelani's Instagram: /jlawhat
- Jenny's Facebook: /jennyzwu123
- Jenny's Twitter: @goodbadandfab
- Jenny's Instagram: /goodbadandfab
|The Amazing Race 26 Teams|