|"I Should've Been a Boy Scout"|
Teams working on the Great Bulls of Fire Detour.
|Episode Number||1/12 (319)|
|First Broadcast||February 12, 2016|
|Previous|| "We Got a Chance, Baby!"|
|Next||"You Look Like Gollum"|
I Should've Been a Boy Scout is the season premiere of The Amazing Race 28.
The race begins at all eleven teams' hometowns in the United States.
Teams must fly to Mexico City, Mexico and find Phil at the Monumento a la Revolución to find their next clue. Teams will take one flight from either Los Angeles International Airport in Los Angeles, California, Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport in Dallas and Fort Worth, Texas, or Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport in Altanta, Georgia.
Choice A: Mariachi Madness
Teams must travel to Plaza Garibaldi, where teams had to search for a 300-member Mariachi band performing in the plaza, and search for a band member who was not actually playing their instrument. If they could find one of these band members among-st the loud music, they could lead him to the nearby school of Mariachi to receive their next clue
Choice B: Great Bulls of Fire
Teams had to travel to the rooftop of a unnamed warehouse building, where teams would have to put together a Torito, a local fireworks display. Once it was properly constructed and lit up, teams would receive their next clue.
Teams must make their way by taxi to the Cuevas de Parque Tematico Tialocan in Teotihuacan. At the park's gate, teams must take one of three departure times in the morning to enter the park. Four teams will depart at 7:30 am, four teams depart at 7:40 am, and three teams depart at 7:50 am.
The team member assigned to perform this Roadblock would have to make their way to a cave and listen to the beat of the drums, leading them to an excavation site. They will have to excavate pieces of a mask to reconstruct it. Once they've assembled it properly, the elder will hand them their next clue.
The Roadblock performers per team are underlined:
First Place • Eliminated • Last placer in Non-Elimination Leg • Saved from elimination by the Salvage Pass or The Save • Season winner • Season 2nd place • Season 3rd place • ► Used the Fast Forward• ϵ Used the Express Pass
- This episode's title was said by Blair in frustration of creating the papier-mâché bull in the Great Bulls of Fire Detour.
- The first US premiere to have both Detour and a Roadblock since The Amazing Race 10.
- This marks the first time since "Kindness of Strangers" in Season 19 that it was a non-elimination in the first leg.
- Although it didn't air on-air, Matt revealed on Twitter that he and Dana won $2,000.00 each for winning the first leg.
- This was the first time since "Nanna Is Kickin' Your Butt" that a team was given a general prize rather than an advantage for arriving first on the first leg.
- Daniel Fienberg at The Fein Print (02/12/2016): "A Bridge Too Far"
- Saba Hamedy at Mashable (02/13/2016): "Season 28 of The Amazing Race already feels like a #TeamInternet party"
|The Amazing Race 28 Episode List|
"I Should've Been a Boy Scout" · "You Look Like Gollum" · "Bros Being Jocks" · "Get It Trending" · "We're Only Doing Freaky Stuff Today" · "Let the Good Times Roll" · "Welcome to Bloody Fingers 101" · "I Have a Wedgie and a Half" · "Salt That Sand!" · "Monkey Dance!" · "That's Money, Honey" · "The Only First That Matters"