|"I'm Going to Jail"|
|Episode Number||8/12 (056)|
|First Broadcast||August 24, 2004|
|Viewership (in millions)||10.50|
|Previous||"Are You Sure This is Safe?"|
|Next||"If You're Gonna Whine, Just Shut Up!"|
I'm Going to Jail is the eighth episode of The Amazing Race 5.
Five teams remain and a cab ride to the airport becomes problematic for some teams as they battle to stay in the race.
One team gets a flat tire and realizes their cab does not have a spare tire, and another team has an oil problem with their cab. Both teams are left on the side of the road at the mercy of other teams who are literally passing them by. After a disagreement over money with a cab driver, one team is hauled to the local police station for questioning and are threatened with being thrown into jail.
The order of departure from Lake Manyara are as follows:
Teams must take an elevator to the top of the Burj Al Arab to access the helipad, where they can find their next clue.
Teams must make their way to the Bur Dubai Abra port to find their next clue.
At the Bur Dubai Abra Port, teams have the option to Yield a team. None of the teams opted to use the Yield, and was left unaired.
The team member assigned to perform this Roadblock would have to search through the many stalls for a particular kind of nut. After purchasing some, and then delivering them to a ship in the nearby harbor, they would receive their next clue. This task, however, was unaired.
The Roadblock performers per team are underlined:
Both Chip and Linda were seen in promotional material for the episode performing the Roadblock. In addition, Chip is seen with a bag of nuts asking directions to the harbor and Linda mentions in the next episode she performed the previous Roadblock. Linda & Karen later revealed in a post-race that the men on the co-ed teams performed the task. It is unknown who did the Roadblock for Kami & Karli.
Choice A: Off Plane
Teams would be taken by plane to a height of 10 000 feet. There, they both had to tandem skidive with an instructor to a landing site 40 miles away in the Margham Dunes.
Choice B: Off Road
Teams would have to drive a marked 4x4 vehicle across the unforgiving sand dunes in order to travel directly to the skydive landing site. Once there, they would find their next clue.
Teams must take a camel and use a GPS navigation system program to guide them to a desert oasis to check in.
For coming last place, Kami & Karli would have to surrender all of their money, and they would not receive any money at the start of the next leg.
First Place • Eliminated • Last placer in Non-Elimination Leg • Saved from elimination by the Salvage Pass or The Save • Season winner • Season 2nd place • Season 3rd place • ► Used the Fast Forward • > Used the Yield • < Recipient of the Yield
- This episode's title was said by Colin, who was almost arrested for not paying his cab driver the full $100, wanting to pay him $50 for driving on a spare donut tire that blew on the way to the Kilimanjaro Airport.
- This leg marks the first time The Amazing Race visits the country of the United Arab Emirates.
- “The team that's going to destroy Colin and Christie -- that's Colin and Christie.”— Chip
- “Colin, do not waste anymore time. Just pay him the $100 and let's go.”— Christie
- “You can bring any policeman you want down here. You can bring the president of your country down here, and I'll be glad to talk to him.”— Colin
- “Brandon throws our money away like it's toilet paper.”— Nicole
- Al Rios at TARflies (08/28/2004): "We are not triple A & Ugly Americanitis"