|"Help Me, I'm American!"|
|Episode Number||2/11 (015)|
|First Broadcast||March 13, 2002|
|Viewership (in millions)||12.50|
|Previous||"The World Is Waiting: Go!"|
|Next||"My Alarm Clock Didn't Go Off!"|
Help Me, I'm American! is the second episode of The Amazing Race 2.
As the race intensifies and an elimination looms, many of the teams overcome some bad luck and their fear of heights to get to the breathtaking site of Iguacu Falls.Ten teams continue from Rio de Janeiro to the spectacular waterfalls near the Brazilian-Argentinean border.
Several twists occur along the way as one team loses its money, others fear hang gliding and another team must overcome physical injury to stay in the race.
The order of departure from Tocorimé Yacht are as follows:
Teams must take a zodiac boat back to Urca beach. Teams must take a taxi to Acadêmicos da Barra de Tijuca in Barra da Tijuca and find a samba club. There, teams must find the dancer whose headdress that matches the feather they have been given. The dancer will then hand them their next clue.
Teams must make their way to Pedra Bonita and find the next route marker.
The Fast Forward instructions were given to them after receiving their clue at the samba club.
Teams will have to go to Copacabana and play volleyball against a pair of professionals. The team that earns ten points first, wins the fast forward. The professionals will only play in Rio style (without using their hands), as per local regulations, however teams may play in American style. Shola & Doyin won the Fast Forward.
Choice A: Freak Out
teams had to hang glide in tandem with a local instructor gliding from the mountain to the São Conrado beach below. Once both teammates had landed on the beach, they were immediately given their next clue. Beach, along with an instructor. Once they touch down on the beach, they will be given their next clue.
All of the teams chose this task.
Choice B: Seek Out
Teams will take a taxi cab to São Conrado beach. Once there, teams had to travel down to the same beach and use a marked metal detector to find the next clue buried somewhere along a 1.5 miles (2.4 km) stretch of sand.
None of the teams chose this task.
Teams must take a bus to Foz do Iguaçu. Outside the bus terminal at Foz do Iguaçu is a vehicle and clue waiting for the teams.
One team member had to ride a speedboat and use a map to direct the driver to Iguaçu falls. At the falls, teams then had to spot the route marker at the top of a rock formation to retrieve it, and head back to the dock.
The Roadblock performers per team are underlined:
Team must drive and then hike to a remote jungle camp in the park.
First Place • Eliminated • Last placer in Non-Elimination Leg • Saved from elimination by the Salvage Pass or The Save • Season winner • Season 2nd place • Season 3rd place • ► Used the Fast Forward
- This episode's title comes from Blake, who was asking people at the bus terminal for money since he and Paige lost their wallet.
- For the Roadblock, the portion of Iguazu Falls actually took place on Argentina's side.
- The episode's Fast Forward and the Sand Detour would return as unacknowledged Switchbacks on "A Little Too Much Beefcake".
- Blake allegedly threatened to sue CBS if his team was not provided with team credit after the jeep provided in this episode broke down through no fault of his own or his sister.
- In the end, it didn't make a difference as they finished ahead of Hope & Norm without production intervention.
- Due to confusion of the rules regarding time credit for broken down vehicles, production changed the rules after the season to clarify that teams would receive a replacement but not be given time credit if a vehicle broke down.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 http://www.spottedratings.com/2011/12/spotvault-amazing-race-cbs-spring-2002.html
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20030422213957/http://tv.zap2it.com/news/networkupdate.html?24189
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20071114061246/http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/index.php?showtopic=2668792&st=15&p=5216441&
|The Amazing Race 2 Episode List|
"The World Is Waiting: Go!" · "Help Me, I'm American!" · "My Alarm Clock Didn't Go Off!" · "This Game Is About Minutes" · "Welcome to the World of Being Human" · "I'm Gonna Take His Girl" · "I'm Gonna Throw Up on Phil's Shoes" · "I'm Not a Miner! No, You're an Idiot!" · "Ready to Lose Our Lives" · "It's Hammer Time" · "Follow That Plane!"