|Heather & Eve|
|Birth Dates|| August 17, 1976 (Heather)|
November 10, 1976 (Eve)
|Hometown|| Poughkeepsie, New York (Heather)|
New York City, New York (Eve)
|Relation||Law school roommates|
|Occupation||Law school graduates|
|Roadblock Count|| Heather: 3|
Heather Mahar and Eve Madison are a team of Law School Roommates on The Amazing Race 3.
Recent Harvard Law School graduates Heather, 25, and Eve, 25, began their friendship three years ago on their first day of law school. They were drawn to each other almost immediately. As Eve describes it: "the first girl I saw was 35 and wearing a MIT ballroom dancing sweatshirt... but then I saw Heather and she looked like the only normal person there--so we met."
Eve attended University of Michigan for undergraduate, and Heather received a B.S. from Cornell University. A seasoned traveler, Eve spent a summer in Madrid and six months in London while attending the London School of Economics. Heather also spent a year abroad in Oxford, London. They know that their smarts could ultimately guide them to victory, but their secret weapon is to use their looks and charm to manipulate people into helping them along the way.
These friends and roommates look to this experience as an opportunity to finally put the books down and travel the world before starting their law careers. Eve hopes this will also help her overcome some of her biggest fears, which are flying and extreme outdoor sports, while Heather hopes that her enthusiasm for adventure and challenge will rub off on her teammate.
Heather resides in Boston. Her birth date is September 17. Eve lives in New York City and her birth date is November 10, and she is a proud Scorpio.
The Amazing Race 3
|Heather & Eve's Race History|
|1||1||United States → Mexico||Wings / Wheels||No Roadblock||6 of 12|||
|2||2||Mexico||Man Power / Horse Power||Heather||3 of 11|
|3||3||Mexico → United Kingdom||Punt / Bike||Heather||5 of 10|
|4||4||United Kingdom → Portugal||Old School / New School||Heather||9 of 9|||
- On October 1, 2005, Heather married Merritt Paulson (son of former US Secretary of Treasure, Hank Paulson). They currently have two children.
- First all-female team to switch Detours.
- First team to arrive at the Pit Stop first and be eliminated in the same leg (they were issued a 37-minute penalty for misreading their last clue).
- First team to be issued a penalty that also included time-gained (which was 7 minutes).
- First team to be eliminated in Portugal.
- First team to beg for money at a US airport.
- Harry Smith on The Early Show (10/24/2002): "Lawyers Sent Home on Technicality"
|The Amazing Race 3 Teams|