|"Great Way to Start a Relationship"|
At the Starting Line in Castaic Lake, California, teams had to race through a muddy obstacle course, as they kick-off The Amazing Race 26.
|Season:||The Amazing Race 26|
|Episode No.:||1/12 (295)|
|First Broadcast:||February 25, 2015|
|Viewership (in millions):||6.16|
|Previous:|| "All or Nothing"|
|Next:||"I Got the Smartest Dude"|
Great Way to Start a Relationship is the season premiere of The Amazing Race 26.
|This section of the page is empty. Please contribute to this section by adding content. Please remove this template once improvements are complete.|
Teams must run through an obstacle course by the lakeshore, involving predominantly filled mud and an ice tub towards the end, where they must retrieve rings that contain tickets for their first destination: Tokyo, Japan, on two available flights, both with flight connections in Taipei, Taiwan. The first flight on EVA Air can accommodate eight teams, while the second flight on China Airlines can accommodate the remaining three teams. After retrieving the rings that contain their tickets, teams must drive themselves to Los Angeles International Airport in Ford Fusion Hybrid cars.
Choice A: Singing Steps
Teams have to travel to Shinjuku Central Park to learn a series of synchronized "robotic" dance moves performed by members of World Order. Once World Order leader Genki Sudo approves of their dance, he will deliver them their next clue.
Choice B: Samurai Sake
Teams have to travel to Nakano Sakaue Station Tavern, and are shown ten bottles of sake: tōkō, nanbubijin, okunomatsu, kanbe, yoshinogawa, michisakari, tsukasabotan, zaou, momokawa, shōchikubai. One team member has to take one of ten bottles of sake to a table of Samurais, while the other team member finds the correct bottle from a much larger display of bottles. The teams will receive the next clue once they present the correct bottle to the Samurais, and take a toast.
Teams must travel by taxi to Wakaba Higashi Park to find their next clue.
At Wakaba Higashi Park, teams would have the option to U-Turn a team, with two slots available, and anonymously. Mike & Rochelle used the first slot of the U-Turn on Jeff & Lyda. Jeff & Lyda attempted used the second slot of the U-Turn on Jeff & Jackie, however Jeff & Jackie already passed the U-Turn before Jeff & Lyda, thus having no effect on them.
Since Jeff & Lyda completed the Singing Steps Detour, they would be forced to backtrack and complete the Samurai Sake Detour before continuing.
First Place • Eliminated • Last placer on a Non-Elimination Leg • Season winner • Season 2nd place • Season 3rd place • ► Used the Fast Forward • ϵ Used the Express Pass• ⊂ User of the first Double U-Turn slot • ⊃ Recipient of the first Double U-Turn slot • ⋐ User of the second Double U-Turn slot • ⋑ Recipient of the second Double U-Turn slot
- This 90-minute premiere aired on a special night, Wednesday at 9:30 pm, before moving to its regular timeslot of Fridays at 8 pm.
- This episode marks the first time in the original American version that the U-Turn appeared in the first leg of the race.
- This episode's title was said by Hayley.
- This marks the first time since The Amazing Race 13 that a Detour is featured on the first leg of the race, as well as the first time that a Roadblock is not featured on the first leg.
- Among those who test ran the muddy obstacle course at the Starting Line were Jordan & Jeff  and Mashable reporter Sandra Gonzalez.
- The Shinjuku Central Park in Shinjuku was previously visited as the site of the Roadblock of The Amazing Race 23's penultimate leg.
- Within the original American version, Jeff & Lyda becomes the first team to get eliminated after a U-Turn on the first leg of the race.
- The song used during the Syncing Steps Detour option was World Order's titular debut single, "World Order," in which the race utilized their choral dance routine for the task.
- Ken Tucker at Yahoo! TV (02/25/2015): "Premiere Review: The New Dating Game?"
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Zap2it - Wednesday Final Ratings: 'Empire', 'American Idol', 'Survivor' & 'Arrow' Adjusted Up; 'The 100', 'black-ish' & 'Nashville' Adjusted Down
- ↑ YouTube: The Amazing Race - Great Way to Start a Relationship (Sneak Peek 1)
- ↑ YouTube: Amazing Race - Former Amazing Race Partners Jeff & Jordan Do A Test Run
- ↑ Mashable - What it's really like to run an 'Amazing Race' obstacle course.
- ↑ YouTube: WORLD ORDER "WORLD ORDER"
|The Amazing Race 26 Episodes|
"Great Way to Start a Relationship" · "I Got the Smartest Dude" · "#MurphysLaw" · "The Great Amazing Nasty Race" · "Get in That Lederhosen, Baby" · "Smells Like a Million Bucks" · "Back in Business" · "Moment of Truth" · "Can I Get a Hot Tub!" · "Fruits of Our Labor" · "In It to Win It" · "Monster Truck Heroes"