|"Go Big or Go Home"|
Teams get ready to begin The Amazing Race 25 at the Starting Line in Times Square, New York City.
|Episode Number||1/12 (283)|
|First Broadcast||September 26, 2014|
|Viewership (in millions)||5.48|
|Previous|| "Do You Believe in Magic?"|
|Next||"When You Gotta Go, You Gotta Go"|
Go Big or Go Home is the season premiere of The Amazing Race 25.
Teams must fly to Saint Thomas, United States Virgin Islands. The first flight on American Airlines can only accommodate five teams, while the second flight on Delta Air Lines departs 40 minutes after the first flight, carrying the six remaining teams. Upon arrival, teams must head to the Vendors Plaza, where they must sign up for one of six chartered flights on seaplanes destined for Lovango Cay.
Once at Lovango Cay, teams must travel by boat to Carvel Rock, where they must climb around and through the Carvel Rock, then jump once they have reached end of the islet. After both members have jumped, they'll retrieve their clue located in a series of floating bottles.
Teams must travel by boat to Hans Lollik Island, and find a pirate ship named Blackbeard's Revenge, a replica of Blackbeard's flagship Queen Anne's Revenge. Once found, they must search for a Blackbeard impersonator, who will hand them their next clue.
Teams must pull themselves to the shores of Lovango Cay, where they must search for their next clue.
The team member assigned to perform this Roadblock would have to use a traditional liquid compass, a shovel marked 1 yard, and a unique set of directions, in which they must start off in one of four landmarks on the beach (an anchor, a set of barrels, a ship's bell, and a ship's wheel). Starting from their assigned landmark, teams must locate the beach for a treasure chest, containing their next clue.
The Roadblock performers per team are underlined:
- Adam & Bethany
- Amy & Maya
- Brooke & Robbie
- Dennis & Isabelle
- Keith & Whitney
- Kym & Alli
- Lisa & Michelle
- Michael & Scott
- Misti & Jim
- Shelley & Nici
- Tim & Te Jay
Keith, Lisa, and Michael quit the Roadblock and opted to take the 4-hour penalty. Keith & Whitney and Michael & Scott's penalties were issued at the Pit Start of the next leg, while Lisa & Michelle arrived last and were eliminated.
First Place • Eliminated • Last placer in Non-Elimination Leg • Saved from elimination by the Salvage Pass or The Save • Season winner • Season 2nd place • Season 3rd place • ► Used the Fast Forward• ϵ Used the Express Pass• ⊂ User of the first Double U-Turn slot • ⊃ Recipient of the first Double U-Turn slot • ⋐ User of the second Double U-Turn slot • ⋑ Recipient of the second Double U-Turn slot
- For the first time, the Starting Line was opened for public viewing.
- Also, for the first time, the Starting Line took place at night.
- Frank from Season 1 was among the audience at the Starting Line, where he was asked by teams about the location of The Amazing Race's first Finish Line.
- This marks the first time The Amazing Race visits the United States territory of the United States Virgin Islands.
- This episode's title is said by Maya.
- Whitney references the first leg of the Season 22 where Katie convinces Daniel and Jennifer to quit the sandcastle Roadblock and proceed to the Pit Stop.
- Emily Longeretta at Hollywood Life (09/26/2014): "Amazing Race Premiere: Bethany Hamilton Is Not Messing Around"
- Jessica Liese at Rob Has A Website (09/27/2014): "The Amazing Race 25: A Love Letter to the Diehards"
|The Amazing Race 25 Episode List|
"Go Big or Go Home" · "When You Gotta Go, You Gotta Go" · "Get Your Sheep Together" · "Thinly Sliced Anchovies" · "Morocc' and Roll" · "I Feel Like I Just Kissed a Goat" · "Pretty Fly For a Food Scientist" · "Hot Sexy Knights" · "You're Taking My Tan Off" · "Smells Like Dirty Tube Socks" · "Hooping It Up" · "All or Nothing"