|Gary & Dave|
|Members|| Gary Rosen|
|Birth Dates|| December 29, 1968 (Gary)|
July 16, 1973 (Dave)
|Hometown|| New York City, New York (Gary)|
Brooklyn, New York (Dave)
|Roadblock Count|| Gary: 2|
|Countries raced|| |
Gary Rosen and Dave Lepeska are a team of Former Roommates on The Amazing Race 2.
Writers Gary and Dave met during a job interview. According to Gary, "It was a chilly winter in Chicago about five years ago. We hung out drinking beers. We didn't like each other then, and we don't now." The two once went on a cross-country road trip together, and Gary claims that they "couldn't go three turn-offs without getting into a fight. The best part of traveling together is always having someone to yell at, but that's the worst part too." Dave's version is slightly different: "Worst aspect--Gary consistently getting us lost. Best aspect--my sense of direction."
Gary and Dave decided to team up for THE AMAZING RACE because they "were running out of unemployment checks in NYC and needed to find a new racket." When pondering how THE AMAZING RACE might affect their relationship, Dave says, "Well, I figure it couldn't get any weaker." Gary agrees: "We figure the relationship won't get any more strained…. If anything, we figure it will have to strengthen it."
The Amazing Race 2
|Gary & Dave's Race History|
|1||1||United States → Brazil||Mountain / Beach||No Roadblock||9 of 11|
|2||2||Brazil||Freak Out / Seek Out||Dave||5 of 10|||
|3||3||Brazil → South Africa||Dance / Deliver||Gary||3 of 9|
|4||4||South Africa → Namibia||Slide / Stride||Dave||3 of 8|||
|5||5||Namibia → Thailand||Confusion Now / Confusion Later||Dave||5 of 7|
|6||6||Thailand||Boat / Beast||Dave||2 of 6|
|7||7||Thailand → Hong Kong||Used Fast Forward||1 of 6►|
|8||8||Hong Kong → Australia||Dragon / Lion||Dave||3 of 5|
|9||Australia||Cool Down / Heat Up||Gary||5 of 5|||
- First team to switch Detours on two different occasions.
- Gary & Dave are the first team to be eliminated in Australia and the first team to be eliminated in Oceania continent.
- Nicknamed "Itchy and Scratchy" by fellow teams.
- Gary later became a story producer on The Amazing Race 5.
- Dave is currently a free-lance journalist who has written for prominent publications around the world.
Social Media Profiles
- Gary's Facebook: /garyrosen
- Gary's Twitter: @AmazingRaceGary
- Dave's Facebook: /david.lepeska
- Dave's Twitter: @dlepeska
- ↑ http://www.tarflies.com/article.php?_f=detail&id=370
- ↑ http://america.aljazeera.com/profiles/l/david-lepeska.html
- ↑ http://www.thenational.ae/authors/david-lepeska
- ↑ http://www.theguardian.com/profile/david-lepeska
- ↑ http://www.theatlantic.com/author/david-lepeska/
- ↑ http://www.slate.com/authors.david_lepeska.html
|The Amazing Race 2 Teams|