|Members|| Bill Gaghan|
|Age|| 40 (Bill)|
|Relation||Dad, Mom and Kids|
|Occupation|| Jet-engine sales (Bill)|
Subsitute teacher (Tammy)
7th grade student (Billy)
4th grade student (Carissa)
|Roadblock Count|| Bill: 2|
Bill Gaghan, Tammy Gaghan, Billy Gaghan, and Carissa Gaghan are a team of Dad, Mom and Kids on the family edition of The Amazing Race.
The Gaghan family, from Glastonbury, Connecticut consists of Bill, 40, Tammy, 42 and their children, Billy, 12 and Carissa, 9.
Bill works in jet-engine sales and admits his biggest pet peeve about himself is his lack of patience. Bill is hoping the Race will show his family the importance of working together as a team and the benefits of never giving up.
Tammy is a substitute teacher for her local school district. Having lived in Korea for over three years, Tammy and Bill have traveled extensively. Both compete in marathons across the country and are planning to run one in each state.
Billy is entering seventh grade and describes himself as outgoing and adventurous. His mother says he's currently going through typical pre-teen mood swings and hopes that this won't interfere with his ability to focus on the Race. Billy's favorite activities are football and running. He intends to show his dad that he has what it takes to compete in the Race.
Carissa, who will be in the fourth grade, is playful and silly. While she is one of the younger Racers, her dad feels her keen eyes and fighting spirit will make up for her small size. She enjoys running with her dog, Blaze, and playing soccer. Carissa wants to show her parents that she is a tough competitor ready to take on the adults in the race.
The Gaghan family has traveled around the world and are hoping those experiences have prepared them for this competition.
The Amazing Race 8: Family Edition
|The Gaghan Family's Race History|
|1||1||New York → New Jersey → Pennsylvania||Build It / Buggy It||No Roadblock||2 of 10|
|2||2||Pennsylvania → District of Columbia → Virginia||Heat of the Battle / Heat of the Night||Tammy||7 of 9|
|3||3||Virginia → South Carolina → Alabama||Forrest Gump / Muddy Waters||Bill & Billy||7 of 8|
|4||4||Alabama → Mississippi → Louisiana||Work / Play||Carissa||6 of 7|
|5||5||Louisiana → Panama||Rhythm / Coos||Bill||5 of 6|
|6||6||Panama → Costa Rica||Relic / Ripe||Tammy||6 of 6|
- Billy and Carissa would later write intros for the My Ox is Broken - an anthology about racers' experience in the race, the only racers in season 8 to do so.
- Carissa, age 9, the youngest contestant to make it to the midpoint of the race (Adele of Tom & Adele, Jacob of Constantine & Jacob, and Romi of Romi & Coral in standard format are the youngest to make the midpoint of the race in the standard format).
- Carissa is also the youngest contestant to perform a Roadblock.
- Youngest male/female team to finish in 6th place without winning any leg, 25.75
- The Gaghan Family are the first team to be eliminated in Costa Rica.
- They are also the only team to be eliminated internationally during The Amazing Race Family Edition.
- Rene Syler on The Early Show (11/02/2005): "Blame It On The Red Bean"
- Jenn Brasler at RealityNewsOnline (11/03/2005): "We Would Have Paid to Do This Race"
- Mac Lynch at Hartford Courant (06/19/2011): "Before And After Amazing Race, Tammy and Bill Gaghan Thrive On Staying Active"
Social Media Profiles
- Bill's Facebook: /bill.gaghan.9
- Tammy's Facebook: /tammy.gaghan
- Billy's Facebook: /bill.gaghan
- Carissa's Facebook: /carissa.gaghan
|The Amazing Race Family Edition Teams|