|Flo & Zach|
|Members|| Florinka Pesenti|
|Birth Dates|| January 17, 1979 (Flo)|
June 29, 1979 (Zach)
|Hometown||New York City, New York|
|Occupation|| Public relations (Flo)|
Productions assistant (Zach)
|Roadblock Count|| Flo: 1|
|Countries raced|| |
Retrieved from CBS.com
- “With any good friends where there is a guy and a girl, there's a chance of something happening. We've never really crossed into that territory.”
New Yorkers Flo, 23, a public relations associate, and Zach, 23, a production assistant, have been good friends ever since they met five years ago in a cafeteria at Vassar College. While wearing a funny hat and a camouflage suit, Zach instantly caught Flo's eye. Although Flo and Zach have shared a mutual attraction for each other over the years, they've never pursued a romantic relationship.
One of their most memorable times together was when they were both bartending in college. Says Flo, "We would go crazy making drinks for the whole bar, trying to be Tom Cruise in Cocktail. It was so fun to be silly with someone while working." Ironically, one of the worst experiences they've ever had took place while they were working together. When a young girl became extremely ill from drinking too much, Flo and Zach had to rush her to the hospital. "We had to deal with the EMS and it was a really scary situation," says Zach, who adds, "It was reassuring to go through it with Flo."
Although Flo and Zach are seasoned travelers, the couple has only shared one 24-hour trip together. This Team is convinced, however, that they have what it takes to come out on top. According to Zach, "I am the logistics man. I'm good with directions, roughing it and keeping a cool head. Flo is very good at keeping things fun. She's also great at getting people to do things they might not otherwise do." Flo and Zach are looking forward to seeing some great places during the Race, and hope the experience will bring them even closer together.
Flo's birth date is January 17. Zach's birth date is June 29.
The Amazing Race 3
|Flo & Zach's Race History|
|1||1||United States → Mexico||Wings / Wheels||No Roadblock||2 of 12|
|2||2||Mexico||Man Power / Horse Power||Zach||5 of 11|
|3||3||Mexico → United Kingdom||Punt / Bike||Zach||3 of 10|||
|4||4||United Kingdom → Portugal||Old School / New School||Zach||2 of 9|
|5||5||Portugal → Spain → Morocco||Ropes / Slopes||Zach||4 of 8|||
|6||6||Morocco||Now You See It / Now You Don't||Flo||2 of 7|
|7||7||Morocco → Germany → Austria → Germany||Used Fast Forward||1 of 6►|
|8||8||Germany → Switzerland||Count the Money / Run the Numbers||Zach||2 of 5|
|9||9||Switzerland||Extreme Swiss / Very Swiss||Zach||5 of 5|
|10||Switzerland → Malaysia → Singapore||Dry / Wet||Zach||3 of 5|
|10||11||Singapore → Vietnam||Easy Buy / Hard Sell||Zach||3 of 4|
|11||12||Vietnam||Basket Boats / Basket Bikes||Zach||3 of 3|||
|13||Vietnam → United States||Quick Drop / Slow Walk||Zach||1 of 3|
1:Flo & Zach attempted Punt for the Detour before switching to Bike.
2:Flo & Zach attempted Ropes for the Detour before switching to Slopes.
3:Flo & Zach switched Detours twice before completing it.
- First winners to be the youngest team of the season.
- First co-ed team to win the race
- Flo became the first woman to win the race.
- First winning team to have the highest racing average of the season.
- Flo became the first person to perform least number of Roadblock that reached the final three. (1 Roadblock)
- First team to switch Detours twice in a single leg (Leg 12).
- Flo is the most quoted woman for episode titles in a season: 5 episodes.
- Flo was the first former contestant to be referenced in a future season.
- From Seasons 10 to 18, Zach co-hosted a TAR segment with Shawn Pooley on Candian Radio NL 610 and CKRV 97.5.
- In August 2004, Zach published a piece in The New York Times describing his experience on the race.
- Zach got married to Elyse Steinberg on October 11, 2008 and now have a kid together.
- Flo became romantically involved with Drew after the Race and stayed together for 7 years before breaking up in 2009.
- Flo became ABC News Chief Legal Affairs Anchor Dan Abrams's life partner, and together they have a young son, Everett.
- Harry Smith on The Early Show (12/18/2002): "Race Win Amazing For Flo and Zach"
- The Caroline Rhea Show (12/18/2002): "The Final 3 From The Amazing Race 3"
- FansOfRealityTV (12/19/2002): "The Amazing Race 3 Winners: Our Interview with Flo and Zach"
- Donna Petrozzello on New York Daily News (12/20/2002): "Reality Check Amazes 'Em"
- Brian James at RealityNewsOnline (02/17/2003): "An In-Depth Conversation With Florinka (Flo) Pesenti, Winner of The Amazing Race 3"
- TARflies (05/02/2003): "Catch up with Zach"
- TARflies (07/30/2003): "Go with the Flo"
- TARflies (10/11/2004): "The World-Wide Games" with Zach
- Mary Anne Potts at National Geographic Adventure (09/27/2009): "The Amazing Race: A Previous Winner Tells All"
Social Media Profiles
- Flo's Facebook: /florinka
- Flo's Twitter: @florinka
- Zach's Facebook: /ZachBehr
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20080914170545/http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race3/teams/bios/flo.shtml
- ↑ http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forums/amazing-race-27/9963-our-interview-chris-amanda.html
- ↑ http://www.tarflies.com/article.php?_f=detail&id=58
- ↑ http://www.tarflies.com/article.php?cat_id=47
- ↑ http://www.nytimes.com/2004/08/22/travel/around-the-world-in-30-days.html
- ↑ http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/12/fashion/weddings/12STEINBERG.html
- ↑ http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/16/style/the-doting-dad-side-of-dan-abrams.html?_r=0
|The Amazing Race 3 Teams|