|Dustin & Kandice|
|Members|| Dustin-Leigh Seltzer (née Konzelman)|
|Birth Dates|| February 6, 1982 (Dustin)|
November 21, 1981 (Kandice)
|Hometown|| Riverside, California (Season 10);|
Seattle, Washington (All-Stars) (Dustin)
New York City, New York (Kandice)
|Occupation|| Miss California 2005/Marketing director (Dustin)|
Miss New York 2005/Rockette (Kandice)
|Roadblock Count|| Dustin: 6|
|Countries raced|| |
|Roadblock Count|| Dustin: 5|
|Countries raced|| |
Miss California and Miss New York 2005, their status as Beauty Queens had them initially dismissed as Dumb Blondes. They would surprise everyone when they quickly established themselves as a physical threat, performing better at physical tasks than the men they were racing against. Dustin and Kandice are regarded as groundbreaking as they came at a time where Alpha Males had generally dominated the competition, while all-female teams faltered and fell behind. Despite having a tendency to overlook things, they are regarded as one of the most popular and strongest teams to run the Race and are credited with proving that an all-female team could win the race.
In The Amazing Race 10, they isolated themselves from the other teams, and in a season most known for its predominant alliances, they repeatedly refused to share information. However, they would temporarily work with someone or accept information if it was to their advantage, but never had any intention of returning a favor unless it was in their own best interest. Their cutthroat gameplay and competitive natures caused the other teams to become obsessed with their elimination. Lyn & Karlyn, particularly, disliked the Beauty Queens, and often complained that they were using their looks to get them further through the game. Navigational issues in the penultimate leg caused them to finish in 4th, falling short of becoming the first all-female team to reach the final three.
In just a few months after filming their season, during which Dustin had gotten married, they were invited back for The Amazing Race: All-Stars. However, they ran mostly in the middle of the pack in the first half, as their priority was to stay in the Race, and often made careless mistakes. They later decided to change their gameplay, and dominated the last half of the season with their cutthroat natures, winning a total of four legs. Their intensive competitive gameplay alienated the other teams, particularly Charla & Mirna, who thought they used their look to get by in the race and tried to form an alliance with the remaining teams against them. They entered the final leg as the favourites to win, but were unable to finish the final task and fell behind Eric & Danielle, settling for 2nd Place.
Retrieved from CBS.com
The Amazing Race 10
|Dustin & Kandice's Race History|
|1||1||United States → China||Labor / Leisure||Kandice||4 of 12|
|2||2||China → Mongolia||Take It Down / Fill It Up||Dustin||5 of 10|
|3||3||Mongolia → Vietnam||Fuel / Fowl||Kandice||4 of 9|
|4||4||Vietnam||Over / Under||Dustin||7 of 8|
|5||5||Vietnam → India||Wild Things / Wild Rice||Dustin||2 of 7|
|6||6||India → Kuwait||Manual / Automatic||Kandice||2 of 7|
|7||7||Kuwait → Mauritius||Salt / Sea||Kandice||1 of 6|||
|8||8||Mauritius → Madagascar||Long Sleep / Short Letter||Dustin||1 of 6|
|9||9||Madagascar → Finland → Ukraine||Swamp This / Swamp That||Kandice||2 of 5|||
|10||Make the Music / Find the Music||Dustin||2 of 5|
|11||10||Ukraine → Morocco||Throw It / Grind It||Dustin||4 of 4>|
|12||11||Morocco → Spain||Lug It / Lob It||Kandice||4 of 4|
The Amazing Race: All-Stars
|Dustin & Kandice's Race History|
|1||1||United States → Ecuador||Wrangle It / Recover It||No Roadblock||6 of 11|
|2||2||Ecuador → Chile||By Hand / By Machine||Dustin||6 of 10|
|3||3||Chile||Vertical Limit / River Wild||Kandice||4 of 9|||
|4||4||Chile → Argentina||Navigate It / Sign It||Kandice||5 of 8|
|5||5||Argentina → Mozambique||Pamper / Porter||Dustin||2 of 7|
|6||6||Mozambique → Tanzania||Solve It / Schlep It||Dustin||4 of 7|
|7||7||Tanzania → Poland||Perfect Pitch / Perfect Angle||Unknown||1 of 6|||
|8||8||Poland||Eat It Up / Roll It Out||Dustin||3 of 6|
|9||9||Poland → Malaysia||Artistic Expression / Cookie Confection||Kandice||1 of 5>|
|10||10||Malaysia → Hong Kong||Kung Fu Fighting / Lost in Translation||Kandice||2 of 4|
|11||11||Hong Kong → Macau||Noodle / Dragon||Kandice||1 of 4|
|12||12||Macau → Guam||Care Package / Engine Care||Dustin||1 of 4|
|13||13||Guam → United States||Under / Over||Unknown||2 of 3|||
- Dustin & Kandice are the first all-female team to win multiple and consecutive legs in standard format (The Godlewski Family was the first overall).
- Dustin & Kandice are the first team to check-in ahead of two teams who won a Fast Forward. (Tyler & James and Rob & Kimberly during the Intersection)
- Dustin & Kandice are the first team to be eliminated in Spain.
- In Al-Stars, Dustin & Kandice are the first all-female team to win the most legs of the season.
- In All-Stars, Dustin & Kandice are the first all-female team to have the highest racing average of the season.
- In All-Stars, Dustin & Kandice are the first all-female team to finish in second place.
- Youngest all-female team to be in the Final Three, 25.
- Highest average placing all-female team at 2.92.
- Most legs won by a female team in career, 6 legs (2 in Season 10, 4 in All-Stars).
- Most legs won by an all-female team who came in 2nd, 4 legs.
- Youngest all-female team to finish in 2nd place, 25.
- Most countries/territories visited by a team, at 22
- They received a letter in the 4th leg of All-Stars from Lyn citing how much of a role model they are but Karlyn refused to sign it.
- In All-Stars, they began running leg 8 before Charla & Mirna, Eric & Danielle and Joe & Bill managed to arrive in their leg 7 location.
- In between the filming schedule of their two seasons, Dustin got married on July 30, 2006 and Kandice served as a bridesmaid.
- Dustin's Wikipedia page: Dustin-Leigh Konzelman
- Kandice's Wikipedia page: Kandice Pelletier
- Dave Price on The Early Show (12/04/2006): "Beauty Queens Dethroned"
- Julie Chen on The Early Show (05/07/2007): "Eric and Danielle Get Their Money"
- Christopher Rocchio at Reality TV World (05/08/2007): "Interview: Dustin and Kandice talk about their 'Amazing' experience"
- Oscar Dahl at BuddyTV (05/09/2007): "Exclusive Interview: Dustin and Kandice, runners-up on The Amazing Race: All-Stars"
- Eric Goldman at IGN (05/09/2007): "Amazing Race: All-Stars Interview: Dustin & Kandice"
- Teeuwynn Woodruff on RealityNewsOnline (05/11/2007): "We Made It To The Top!"
Social Media Profiles
- Dustin's Facebook: /dustin.konzelman.9
- Dustin's Twitter: @DLSeltzer
- Kandice's Facebook: /kandice.pelletier
- Kandice's Twitter: @KPSwimwear
|The Amazing Race 10 Teams|
|The Amazing Race: All-Stars (2007) Teams|