|Dujean & Leilani|
|Members|| Dujean Williams|
|Age|| 25 (Dujean)|
|Hometown|| Toronto, Ontario (Dujean)|
Halifax, Nova Scotia (Leilani)
|Occupation|| Professional Dancer (Dujean)|
|Roadblock Count|| Dujean: 5|
Dujean Williams & Leilani Ross are a team of Exes on The Amazing Race Canada 3.
- Age: 25 (October 26, 1989)
- Occupation: Professional Dancer
- Current City: Toronto
- Hometown: Scarborough, Ont.
- Strengths: Athletic, smart, and strong.
- Fears/ Phobias: Drowning
- Favourite Travel Destination: Jamaica
- Pet Peeve about Teammate: "Lei can be bossy."
- Age: 24 (July 19, 1990)
- Occupation: Unemployed (Claims to be professional dancer on the race)
- Current City: Toronto
- Hometown: Halifax
- Strengths: Determined, positive, and a quick learner.
- Fears/ Phobias: Spiders
- Favourite Travel Destination: New York
- Pet Peeve about Teammate: "D is too laid back."
Friends and exes, Leilani and Dujean bring confidence, spunk, and big personalities to the race. These two professional dancers met while watching friends in a dance battle on television and immediately connected. They dated for a while but realized being friends works best for them.
These two are energetic and enthusiastic and they imagine their team walk-on song would be Lil Jon's "Turn Down For What" or "Pump It" by the Black Eyed Peas.
Leilani is a sharp-witted musical theatre performer and hip hop dancer while Dujean is one of the best krumpers in Canada. His stage name is Ruthless, and he says that's how he'll approach the race. Dujean's dance crew, "Buck N' Flavor," is renowned in the Toronto krump and hip hop dance scenes.
The pair is used to highly competitive environments given their dance background, which they believe will make them fierce competitors. They are quick at picking up choreography and often have to prove themselves on the spot. Leilani and Dujean feel that if the race involves a dance challenge, their fellow racers should be worried!
Leilani has lost both her parents, and Dujean lost his mother to cancer when he was 18. This strengthened their bond and encouraged these positive, charismatic friends to live life to the fullest. These traumatic and life changing events give them a level of determination and strength that cannot be surpassed. As they both put it, "We're in it to win it! We have total focus and eyes on the prize."
Hoping to dance their way to the finish line with "flavour," both Leilani and Dujean want to win "The Amazing Race Canada" so they can build a dance studio in order to give back to kids in their community.
- Motto: "Feel the rhythm, feel the rhyme, get on up, it's winning time!"
- Team they most associate with from Season 1 or 2: Mickey & Pete
- What fruit or vegetable matches your personality and why?:
- Leilani: Watermelon - refreshing but spunky.
- Dujean: Orange - bright, sweet, and delivers good things to the blood stream.
- Can't live without: Cellphones
- If you and your teammate were a pop duo, what would your name be?: Sugar, Spice & Whole Wheat Rice
- What's in your backpack? Mainly race clothing. I pack for the long haul! (Dujean)
- How did you train for the race? I picked up different methods of memorization, while mentally prepping myself for the stress. (Dujean)
- What's your must-have item of clothing? My watch (Dujean)
- What's in your backpack? Lots of T-shirts, leggings, my inhalers and my teddy. (Leilani)
- Why did you choose this as your racing outfit? Comfy, cool, camo…enough said! (Leilani)
- How did you train for the race? I wasn't a gym rat but was constantly dancing and trying to work on my memory. (Leilani)
The Amazing Race Canada 3
|Dujean & Leilani's Race History|
|1||1||Quebec → Ontario||No Detour||Dujean||8 of 12|||
|2||2||Ontario → Chile||Motion / Emotion||Leilani||5 of 11|
|3||3||Chile → Argentina||Dance / Dine||Dujean||4 of 10|
|4||4||Argentina → Nova Scotia||Bubbles / Suds||Leilani||1 of 9|
|5||5||Nova Scotia → Quebec||Ride It / Pull It||Dujean||4 of 8|
|6||6||Quebec → Ontario||Analyze / Synchronize||Leilani||7 of 8|
|7||7||Ontario → Saskatchewan||Nimitook / Mikwap||Dujean||3 of 7|||
|8||8||Saskatchewan → India||Tuck / Roll||Leilani||1 of 6|
|9||9||India||Slam It / Spice It||Dujean||4 of 5|
|10||10||India → British Columbia||Brains / Brawn||Leilani||5 of 5⋑|||
1: Leg 1 featured two Roadblocks and no Detour. The team member who sat out the first Roadblock was required to perform the second one.
2: Dujean & Leilani arrived in 3rd place, but received a 2-hour penalty for failing to complete the Route Marker task. Their placement was unchanged.
3: Dujean & Leilani were unable to complete the Detour due to an injury sustained by Leilani at the Roadblock and elected to quit the Detour, despite being U-Turned. However, because they were already in last place at the time, they were eliminated without the penalty being applied.
- Dujean & Leilani won leg 4 on the anniversary of Leilani's mother passing away to cancer. Additionally, they won the leg in Leilani's hometown.
- Marci Ien on Canada AM (09/10/2015): "Ex-couple eliminated after Detour"
- Ruth Myles at Calgary Herald (09/10/2015): "Exes reflect on Double U-Turn exit"
Social Media Profiles
- Dujean's Twitter: @Ruthlessraze1
- Leilani's Twitter: @leilanimayaross
|The Amazing Race Canada 3 Teams|