|Denise & James Earl|
|Occupation:|| Administrative Assistant (Denise)|
Resident Physician (James)
|Roadblock Count:|| Denise: 4|
James Earl: 6
|Countries Raced:|| |
Denise Williams and James Earl Corley are a Mother/Son team on The Amazing Race 27.
Retrieved from CBS.com
- Age: 51
- Hometown: Prattville, Ala.
- Connection to your teammate: Mother
- Current occupation: Administrative Assistant
- Describe what you do: I help law enforcement agencies in the great state of Alabama get military surplus property.
- 3 words to describe you: Energetic, athletic and flirtatious.
- Favorite hobbies: Working out, watching Auburn football and watching movies.
- What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Raising the most wonderful son and getting a black belt in Taekwondo.
- What famous person reminds you of yourself? Julia Roberts.
- What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Doogie Howser, M.D.
- What scares you most about traveling? I am so afraid of losing my luggage but more importantly my lipstick.
- What excites you most about traveling? Traveling to other countries and seeing how people outside of America live. I love a new adventure!
- Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: He believes that I have a problem with him being gay. I want to prove to him that I don't.
- Pet peeve about your teammate: He is too picky about keeping his house clean and gets mad when someone "messes it up" even though I'm just using the restroom.
- What country and place would you most like to visit and why? I would love to go back to Japan. I had a great experience when I was living there and the people were terrific!
- What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? I hope to show my son that I love him unconditionally
- Age: 26
- Hometown: Prattville, Ala.
- Connection to your teammate: Son
- Current occupation: Resident Physician
- Describe what you do: I am a brand new internal medicine resident who gets to take care of sick folks in the hospital.
- 3 words to describe you: Driven, compassionate and enthusiastic.
- Favorite hobbies: Running, baking and watching movies.
- What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? I am most proud of being the head drum major for the Auburn University Marching Band - the highest level of student leadership and face of the program.
- What famous person reminds you of yourself? Jim Parsons.
- What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Kellie Pickler.
- What scares you most about traveling? Traveling to places that have harsh anti LGBT laws. I am not one to hide the fact that I am gay.
- What excites you most about traveling? Learning about the cultures of all the different people and places around the world.
- Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: We both usually have brilliant ideas but do not always listen to each other. Hopefully, the race will force us to start hearing what the other has to say.
- Pet peeve about your teammate: She has no appreciation for quiet time. She will literally talk non-stop for hours!
- What country and place would you most like to visit and why? I would love to visit Rome, Italy to see all of the great architecture and art it has to offer.
- What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? I am hoping we can reconnect and bond. After I came out, we were not on speaking terms for some time. We have started fixing this but hopefully the race will bring us closer together than ever.
The Amazing Race 27
|Denise & James Earl's Race History|
|1||1||United States → Brazil||Sand / Sidewalk||No Roadblock||4 of 11|
|2||2||Brazil → Argentina||Cartoneros / Fleteros||James Earl||3 of 10|
|3||3||Argentina||Horse / Carriage||James Earl||6 of 9|||
|4||4||Argentina → Zambia → Zimbabwe||Co-Op / Croquet||Denise||3 of 8|
|5||5||Zimbabwe||Crocs / Canoes||James Earl||1 of 8ϵ|||
|6||6||Zimbabwe → France||Drops Mic / Bust a Crab||Denise||7 of 7|||
|7||7||France → The Netherlands||Ship / Skip||Denise||6 of 7|
|8||8||The Netherlands → Poland||Mine / Music||James Earl||3 of 6|
|9||9||Poland → India||Cans / Candy||Denise||5 of 6|
|10||10||India||Bring the Groom / Bring the Fun||James Earl||5 of 5|
|The Amazing Race 27 Teams|