|David & Mary|
|Members|| David Conley, Jr.|
|Age|| 32, 33 (David)|
31, 32 (Mary)
|Relation||Coalminer and Wife|
|Occupation|| Coalminer (David)|
|Roadblock Count|| David: 4|
|Countries raced|| |
|Roadblock Count|| David: 1|
A blue-collar Kentuckian couple, many expected them to be elimination fodder and completely overwhelmed by the Race, having never ventured outside their hometown. However, their honest and down-to-earth attitude won over fans, as they were kind-hearted to both locals and other teams. They wanted to win the money so that their children could have a better upbringing than they did, as the family lived in a trailer. Unfortunately, they were physically weaker than most of the other teams, causing them to fall behind, and Mary's injured ankle and had a tendency to nag Dave to make decisions, two of which led them to get marked for elimination twice. They were also prominent for forming the "Six Pack Alliance" with Lyn & Karlyn and Erwin & Godwin. Erwin and Godwin, in particularly, helped David & Mary constantly, including letting David and Mary go for the Fast Forward. They would be the first of the alliance eliminated when the Intersection chained them to Lyn & Karlyn too long for them to make up their Marked for Elimination penalty.
However, their open-minded attitudes and fan favourite status earned them an invitation back for the first All-Stars, but they were considered the most questionable casting decision as they had struggled for most of The Amazing Race 10, heavily relying on the "Six Pack Alliance" to keep them afloat. As expected, they were unable to keep up with the other teams, finishing 9th in all three of their legs. In the final leg, they missed the turn for Petrohue, guaranteeing their elimination.
Retrieved from CBS.com
The Amazing Race 10
|David & Mary's Race History|
|1||1||United States → China||Labor / Leisure||Mary||10 of 12|
|2||2||China → Mongolia||Take It Down / Fill It Up||David||7 of 10|
|3||3||Mongolia → Vietnam||Fuel / Fowl||David||7 of 9|
|4||4||Vietnam||Over / Under||David||5 of 8|
|5||5||Vietnam → India||Wild Things / Wild Rice||David||7 of 7|
|6||6||India → Kuwait||Used Fast Forward||1 of 7►|||
|7||7||Kuwait → Mauritius||Salt / Sea||Unknown||6 of 6|||
|8||8||Mauritius → Madagascar||Long Sleep / Short Letter||Mary||6 of 6|||
1: Because David & Mary finished 1st, their 30-minute "marked for elimination" penalty was nullified.
2: Leg 7 featured an unaired Roadblock. It is unknown who completed the Roadblock from David & Mary.
3: David & Mary initially arrived 5th, but were issued a 30-minute penalty for being "marked for elimination" and not arriving 1st. As David & Mary were waiting out their penalty, Lyn & Karlyn checked in, dropping David & Mary to last place and eliminating them.
The Amazing Race: All-Stars (2007)
|David & Mary's Race History|
|1||1||United States → Ecuador||Wrangle It / Recover It||No Roadblock||9 of 11|
|2||2||Ecuador → Chile||By Hand / By Machine||Mary||9 of 10|
|3||3||Chile||Vertical Limit / River Wild||David||9 of 9|
- David originally applied for Survivor before being asked to apply for The Amazing Race as casting was looking for a team of coalminers. 
- David & Mary are the first team to be Marked for Elimination.
- They are the first team to nullified this penalty by finishing first.
- In addition, they are the first team to be Marked for Elimination twice.
- Furthermore, they are the first team also to receive the 30-minute penalty (for being Marked for Elimination) after not arriving 1st as required.
- David & Mary are the first team to be eliminated in Madagascar.
- David & Mary are the first team to be eliminated that was in the same position (9th) for three consecutive legs.
- After their first race, Rosie O'Donnell invited them onto The View and called them "so unbelievably kind and giving", she showered the Kentuckians with numerous gifts including a brand-new home that would be built to replace their trailer.
- In 2011, the couple participated in Reality Rally which raises funds for Michelle's Place Breast Cancer Resource Center.
- Harry Smith on The Early Show (11/06/2006): "Six Pack Alliance Loses Two"
- Eric Goldman at IGN (11/07/2006): "Amazing Race Exclusive Interview: David & Mary"
- Rochell D. Thomas at TV Guide Online (11/10/2006): "From Amazing Race to The View: Team Kentucky Recalls Their Wild Ride"
- Harry Smith on The Early Show (03/05/2007): "Conleys Eliminated From Race"
- Christopher Rocchio at Reality TV World (03/05/2007): "Interview: David and Mary Conley voice no 'All-Stars' regrets"
- Oscar Dahl at BuddyTV (03/05/2007): "Exclusive Interview: David and Mary, 3rd Team Elminated on The Amazing Race: All-Stars"
- Eric Goldman at IGN (03/06/2007): "Amazing Race: All-Stars Interview: David & Mary"
- Teeuwynn Woodruff on RealityNewsOnline (03/06/2007): "We Were Big Fans of Everyone!"
Social Media Profiles
- Mary's Facebook: /mary.a.conley.1
|The Amazing Race 10 Teams|
|The Amazing Race: All-Stars (2007) Teams|