|David & Mary|
|Members|| David Conley, Jr.|
|Age|| 32, 33 (David)|
31, 32 (Mary)
|Relation||Coalminer and Wife|
|Occupation|| Coalminer (David)|
|Roadblock Count|| David: 4|
|Countries raced|| |
|Roadblock Count|| David: 1|
A blue-collar Kentuckian couple, many expected them to be elimination fodder and completely overwhelmed by the Race, having never ventured outside their hometown. However, their honest and down-to-earth attitude won over fans, as they were kind-hearted to both locals and other teams. They wanted to win the money so that their children could have a better upbringing than they did, as the family lived in a trailer. Unfortunately, they were physically weaker than most of the other teams, causing them to fall behind, and Mary's injured ankle and had a tendency to nag Dave to make decisions, two of which led them to get marked for elimination twice. They were also prominent for forming the "Six Pack Alliance" with Lyn & Karlyn and Erwin & Godwin. Erwin and Godwin, in particularly, helped David & Mary constantly, including letting David and Mary go for the Fast Forward. They would be the first of the alliance eliminated when the Intersection chained them to Lyn & Karlyn too long for them to make up their Marked for Elimination penalty.
However, their open-minded attitudes and fan favourite status earned them an invitation back for the first All-Stars, but they were considered the most questionable casting decision as they had struggled for most of The Amazing Race 10, heavily relying on the "Six Pack Alliance" to keep them afloat. As expected, they were unable to keep up with the other teams, finishing 9th in all three of their legs. In the final leg, they missed the turn for Petrohue, guaranteeing their elimination.
Retrieved from CBS.com
David & Mary are a husband and wife Team from Stone, Kentucky. They met while working at a McDonald's 10 years ago and have been inseparable since. The proud parents of three children, David works as a coal miner and Mary is a stay-at-home mom. Their primary motivation for being on THE AMAZING RACE is to expand their horizons and see what the world holds outside of the "Bluegrass State."
David served in the Army before becoming a coal miner, a job he loves. He describes himself as a risk taker, hard working and outgoing. David claims that his biggest accomplishment is being the first person in his family to get his boss papers. His biggest phobias are spiders and deep water.
Mary believes that the greatest difference between her and her husband is that she is more cautious. Just last year, she took her very first vacation and was instantly bitten by the travel bug. Mary wants to compete on the Race to prove to her husband that she is strong and not a quitter.
Since Mary can count the number of times she's been on an airplane on one hand, will this hard working couple be able to navigate their way through four continents and 13 countries without getting lost?
Everybody's favorite coalminer and his wife are back for another trek around the world. David and Mary, the lovable, wide-eyed couple from Stone, Ky., finished sixth in the 10th installment. The Conley's met at the local McDonalds over 11 years ago and have been married for nearly 10 years. They are the proud parents of three children. After falling short of the $1 million prize, Mary was adamant that she and David would not sign up for another Race and leave their children again, but something tells her that they have what it takes to win the million dollars this time around. Both have limited traveling experience outside of the Race. David spent some time traveling while enlisted in the U.S. Army while Mary took her first plane ride after being cast on the show. A bona fide reality TV junkie, will Mary be able to restrain her excitement and stay focused while racing alongside some of her favorite racers from past seasons? Will they be able to find an alliance as strong as the Season 10 "6 pack" or will their desire to win the money for their children be enough to carry them across the finish line?
The Amazing Race 10
|David & Mary's Race History|
|1||1||United States → China||Labor / Leisure||Mary||10 of 12|
|2||2||China → Mongolia||Take It Down / Fill It Up||David||7 of 10|
|3||3||Mongolia → Vietnam||Fuel / Fowl||David||7 of 9|
|4||4||Vietnam||Over / Under||David||5 of 8|
|5||5||Vietnam → India||Wild Things / Wild Rice||David||7 of 7|
|6||6||India → Kuwait||Used Fast Forward||1 of 7►|||
|7||7||Kuwait → Mauritius||Salt / Sea||Unknown||6 of 6|||
|8||8||Mauritius → Madagascar||Long Sleep / Short Letter||Mary||6 of 6|||
1: Because David & Mary finished 1st, their 30-minute "marked for elimination" penalty was nullified.
2: Leg 7 featured an unaired Roadblock. It is unknown who completed the Roadblock from David & Mary.
3: David & Mary initially arrived 5th, but were issued a 30-minute penalty for being "marked for elimination" and not arriving 1st. As David & Mary were waiting out their penalty, Lyn & Karlyn checked in, dropping David & Mary to last place and eliminating them.
The Amazing Race: All-Stars (2007)
|David & Mary's Race History|
|1||1||United States → Ecuador||Wrangle It / Recover It||No Roadblock||9 of 11|
|2||2||Ecuador → Chile||By Hand / By Machine||Mary||9 of 10|
|3||3||Chile||Vertical Limit / River Wild||David||9 of 9|
- David originally applied for Survivor before being asked to apply for The Amazing Race as casting was looking for a team of coalminers. 
- David & Mary are the first team to be Marked for Elimination.
- They are the first team to nullified this penalty by finishing first.
- In addition, they are the first team to be Marked for Elimination twice.
- Furthermore, they are the first team also to receive the 30-minute penalty (for being Marked for Elimination) after not arriving 1st as required.
- David & Mary are the first team to be eliminated in Madagascar.
- David & Mary are the first team to be eliminated that was in the same position (9th) for three consecutive legs.
- After their first race, Rosie O'Donnell invited them onto The View and called them "so unbelievably kind and giving", she showered the Kentuckians with numerous gifts including a brand-new home that would be built to replace their trailer.
- In 2011, the couple participated in Reality Rally which raises funds for Michelle's Place Breast Cancer Resource Center.
- Harry Smith on The Early Show (11/06/2006): "Six Pack Alliance Loses Two"
- Eric Goldman at IGN (11/07/2006): "Amazing Race Exclusive Interview: David & Mary"
- Rochell D. Thomas at TV Guide Online (11/10/2006): "From Amazing Race to The View: Team Kentucky Recalls Their Wild Ride"
- Harry Smith on The Early Show (03/05/2007): "Conleys Eliminated From Race"
- Christopher Rocchio at Reality TV World (03/05/2007): "Interview: David and Mary Conley voice no 'All-Stars' regrets"
- Oscar Dahl at BuddyTV (03/05/2007): "Exclusive Interview: David and Mary, 3rd Team Elminated on The Amazing Race: All-Stars"
- Eric Goldman at IGN (03/06/2007): "Amazing Race: All-Stars Interview: David & Mary"
- Teeuwynn Woodruff on RealityNewsOnline (03/06/2007): "We Were Big Fans of Everyone!"
Social Media Profiles
- Mary's Facebook: /mary.a.conley.1
- ↑ http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/cast/23499/
- ↑ http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/cast/23493/
- ↑ http://www.ign.com/articles/2006/11/08/amazing-race-exclusive-interview-david-mary
- ↑ http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/race-couple-dave-and-mary-conley-given-new-car-home-and-more-4407.php
- ↑ http://www.realityrally.com/index.php/home/ripples-of-reality/2-uncategorised/86-mary-a-david-conley-jr
|The Amazing Race 10 Teams|
|The Amazing Race: All-Stars (2007) Teams|