|Dave & Margaretta|
|Members|| David Groark|
|Birth Dates|| January 31, 1936 (Dave)|
January 12, 1941 (Margaretta)
|Died||October 6, 2008 (age 67) (Margaretta)|
|Roadblock Count|| Dave: 3|
Dave Groark and Margaretta Groark are a Married 40 Years team on The Amazing Race 1.
Retrieved from CBS.com
In 1959, young Air Force pilot Dave saw Margaretta across a crowded nightclub and begged his friend for an introduction. Forty years later, they've logged lots of travel time together, and their magic is still alive and well. When they heard about THE AMAZING RACE, they knew they'd make a great Team: Dave is adventurous and an eternal optimist; Margaretta hates to be left behind and enjoys keeping up with Dave.
The Amazing Race 1
|Dave & Margaretta's Race History|
|1||1||United States → South Africa → Zambia||Air / Land||Margaretta||7 of 11|||
|2||2||Zambia → France||Far / Near||Dave||6 of 10|||
|3||3||France||Tough Climb / Easy Walk||Dave||5 of 9|
|4||4||France → Tunisia||Full Body Brew / Full Body Massage||Dave||8 of 8|
1: Leg 1 had an unaired Roadblock where one teammate had to cook a whole ostrich egg for the whole team to eat. Margaretta was shown to have completed the task in the DVD release.
2: Dave & Margaretta originally were checked in at the Pit Stop in 7th place, but they were penalized for improperly completing the Detour. The penalty was issued before the start of the next leg, departing from the Pit Stop at 8th place.
3: Dave and Margaretta initially were checked in at the Pit Stop in 6th Place, but they were again penalized for not completing the Roadblock correctly, hence falling to 8th Place, with their penalty extending their stay at the previous Pit Stop.
- First team to attempt to use the Fast Forward that was forced to backtrack because the pass was already taken.
- First team to be eliminated in Tunisia.
- Margaretta is the first racer to have passed away after competing.
- In October 26, 2008, Margaretta died at the age of 67 after a three year battle with cancer and pulmonary fibrosis.
- A memorial service was held at the Unity Church of Dallas. In lieu of flowers, her obituary stated that Groark had requested donations be made to the United Church of Dallas in her memory.
- Bryant Gumbel on The Early Show (10/04/2001): "It Was A Good Race For Dave And Margaretta"
- ↑ http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/dallasmorningnews/obituary.aspx?pid=119629111
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20060625070251/http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race/teams/bios/margaretta.shtml
- ↑ http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/the-amazing-race-1-contestant-margaretta-groark-loses-cancer-battle-7957.php#TAKqmhoKOChAVKkj.99
|The Amazing Race 1 Teams|