|Dan & Jordan|
|Members|| Daniel "Dan" Pious|
|Hometown||Barrington, Rhode Island|
|Occupation|| Financial Advisor (Dan)|
Strategic Consultant (Jordan)
|Roadblock Count|| Dan: 6|
|Countries raced|| |
Retrieved from CBS.com
- Age: 24
- Homeown: Barrington, Rhode Island
- Connection to your teammate: Brother
- Current Occupation: Financial Advisor
- Pet peeve about your teammate: He is very intense
- Favorite hobbies: Watching and playing sports
- Achievements: Being at the Winter Classic when the Bruins won in overtime
- Lifelong to do list: Get a job with a major Boston sports team, get married, have kids and make them huge Boston sports fans
- If I could switch places with someone: Theo Epstein (GM of the Red Sox)
- Role Model/Hero: My dad and my grandfather
- What are you passionate about? Boston sports
- What would you do if you won the million dollars? I'd save and invest it.
- People would be surprised to learn: That I really dislike traveling and it will probably be the most difficult part of the race for me
- Favorite place you have ever visited: Fenway Park
- Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on the Race together: Staying under the radar and not rubbing the other teams the wrong way, and finding food that I like
- What do you hope to accomplish by running the Race (other than winning one million bucks)? Jordan always wanted to be on the Race because it was his #1 dream in life. All I really want is to make it far enough so Jordan feels as if his dream is achieved
- Age: 22
- Hometown: Barrington, Rhode Island
- Connection to your teammate: Brother
- Current Occupation: Strategic Consultant
- Pet peeve about your teammate: He hates to travel
- Favorite hobbies: Tennis, New England Patriots, dancing to my own beat
- Achievements: Graduating from Emory University's Goizueta Business School with High Distinction in May 2009
- Lifelong to do list: Travel the world, meet Tom Brady and start my own company.
- If I could switch places with someone: I wouldn't
- Role Model/Hero: My parents. Their love for each other and our family, their work ethic, and the way they have supported me have really shaped who I am today. Also, Karen Rein, my best friend, who has taught me to never give up on my dreams and means the world to me.
- What are you passionate about? Tackling life challenges and chasing after new ones and Boston sports
- What would you do if you won the million dollars: Save the money and use it to pay for my MBA
- People would be surprised to learn: I was considerably overweight during a decent portion of my teenage years. I weighed 200 lbs and was only 5'1".
- Favorite place you have ever visited: Israel
- Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on the Race together: Focusing our intensity and competitive spirits on the Race itself rather than on each other
- What do you hope to accomplish by running the Race (other than winning one million bucks)? I want to create memories with my best friend and show my brother that there is more to our world than what we see at home
The Amazing Race 16
|Dan & Jordan's Race History|
|Episode||Leg||Destination(s)|| Detour Choice|
|1||1||United States → Chile||No Detour||Dan||8 of 11|||
|2||2||Chile||Llama Adoration / Condor Consternation||Jordan||8 of 10|
|3||3||Chile → Argentina||Horse Sense / Horse Power||Dan||6 of 9|
|4||4||Argentina → Germany||Soccer / Sauerkraut||Dan||6 of 8|
|5||5||Germany → France||In the Trenches / Under Fire||No Roadblock||4 of 8|
|6||6||France||Tower / Terra||Jordan||5 of 7|
|7||7||France → Seychelles||Turtle Toddle / Ox Trot||Jordan||2 of 6|
|8||8||Seychelles → Malaysia||Buddhist Tradition / Chinese Custom||Jordan||5 of 6|
|9||9||Malaysia → Singapore||Used Fast Forward||1 of 5►|
|10||10||Singapore → China||No Detour||Jordan||3 of 4|||
|11||11||China||Pork Chops / Pork Dumplings||Dan||3 of 4|
|12||12||China → United States||No Detour||Dan||1 of 3|
- First Jewish team to win the race.
- Dan & Jordan are the youngest average-aged all-male team to win the race, with an age average of 23 at the time of racing.
- First team of brothers to win the race.
- First team to win from Rhode Island.
- Rogert Catlin at Harford Courtant (02/26/2010): "University of Hartford Alum On 'Amazing Race' With Brother"
- Rogert Catlin at Harford Courtant (05/09/2010): "Brothers Dan and Jordan Win 'The Amazing Race"
- Joyce Eng at TV Guide Online (05/10/2010): "First-Class Move Made All the Difference in the World"
- Reality TV World (05/10/2010): "Exclusive: Dan Pious and Jordan Pious talk 'The Amazing Race' win"
- Digital Spy (05/10/2010): "Amazing Race winners chat about their triumph."
- Kelly Huth at lehighvalleylive.com (05/10/2010): "Daniel and Jordan Pious win Amazing Race 16"
- Xfinity.com (05/10/2010): "Amazing Race Live Chat With Winning Team"
- Lindsay Strouse and Gina Scarpa at Reality Wanted (05/11/2015): "The Amazing Race 16: Exclusive Interview with Winners Dan and Jordan Pious"
- Carrie Bell at People.com (05/11/2015): "How Amazing Race Winners Went From First Class to First Place"
- Hank Batallones at BuddyTV (05/16/2010): "Exclusive Interview: Dan and Jordan from The Amazing Race"
Social Media Profiles
- Dan & Jordan's Facebook: /DAN-and-JORDAN-PIOUS-The-Amazing-Race-16-256954163037
- Jordan's Facebook: /Jordan.Pious
- Jordan's Twitter: @JordanPious
|The Amazing Race 16 Teams|