|Colin & Christie|
|Members|| Colin Guinn|
|Age|| 24 (Colin)|
|Hometown||Corpus Christi, Texas|
|Occupation|| Cell phone store owner (Colin)|
Pharmaceutical sales representative (Christie)
Colin Guinn and Christie Woods are a Dating team on the 5th season of The Amazing Race.
Colin & Christie met in a class at the University of Texas in Austin and have been dating for over a year. Both now live in Corpus Christi, Texas. When Colin saw Christie give a presentation in their communications class, he knew that she was the one for him. It took eight months of being friends before he finally got her to go out on a date with him. Colin claims that he will ask Christie to marry him if they can get through the Race together.
Christie is the 1996 Miss Teen USA winner, the first and only one from Texas. However, she considers her biggest accomplishment in life to be working to pay her entire way through college and graduating with honors. She describes herself and her teammate as "very competitive, extremely aggressive with strong personalities." Although Christie says that she is always late, she is also a perfectionist who hates losing.
Colin is the owner of a cell phone store. Among the accomplishments he is most proud of is getting Christie to fall in love with him, which he claims is better than being the top first-year dealer for a book publishing company in the United States. He also agrees that he and Christie are both very aggressive and “very outspoken and in-your-face.” However, he is a very open person who will talk to anyone, while Christie is extremely private.
Colin & Christie are excited about competing in THE AMAZING RACE 5 because they will be able to travel the world and participate in this kind of competition. Christie adds, "Another reason for doing this Race is that it is a test to see if we are marriage potential. I know we can win, and if we do, we're getting married right after the show."
The Amazing Race 5Edit
Race History Edit
- Leg 1: 7th
- Leg 2: 6th
- Leg 3: 1st
- Leg 4: 2nd
- Leg 5: 1st (Fast Forward)
- Leg 6: 1st
- Leg 7: 2nd
- Leg 8: 1st
- Leg 9: 1st
- Leg 10: 1st
- Leg 11: 4th (Yielded by Chip & Kim; Non-Elimination)
- Leg 12: 3rd
- Leg 13: 2nd
- After the airing of the Race, Colin proposed to Christie on The Early Show. She accepted and they got married.
- They were invited to participate on The Amazing Race: All-Stars (2007), but could not make it due to Christie's pregnancy. They were replaced by Charla & Mirna to represent Season 5.
- They currently have two sons.
- Colin & Christie were the first team to win six legs in a single season.
- This would stand as the most leg wins in a season until Nick & Starr broke it with seven wins.
- Colin & Christie were the first team to be Yielded.
- Colin & Christie were the first team to place last on leg 11 and not be eliminated.
- In Season 25, Colin's breakdown after being yielded was called by Phil as the "biggest breakdown ever."
- They were the first team to win 3 consecutive legs.
- Season 5 Biography
- Colin & Christie - Amazing Race Wetpaint
- Colin & Christie's Facebook: /colinguinn
- Colin & Christie's Facebook: /christiewoodstexas
- Colin & Christie's Wikipedia page: Christie Lee Woods
|The Amazing Race Season Index|
US (1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · 10 · 11 · 12 · 13 · 14 · 15 · 16 · 17 · 18 · 19 · 20 · 21 · 22 · 23 · 24 · 25 · 26 · 27)
|The Amazing Race 5 Teams|