|Colin & Christie|
|Birth Dates:|| November 21, 1979 (Colin)|
October 21, 1977 (Christie)
|Hometown:||Corpus Christi, Texas|
|Occupation:|| Cell phone store owner (Colin)|
Pharmaceutical sales representative (Christie)
|Roadblock Count:|| Colin: 10|
|Countries Raced:|| |
Colin Guinn and Christie Lee Woods are a Dating team on The Amazing Race 5.
Colin & Christie met in a class at the University of Texas in Austin and have been dating for over a year. Both now live in Corpus Christi, Texas. When Colin saw Christie give a presentation in their communications class, he knew that she was the one for him. It took eight months of being friends before he finally got her to go out on a date with him. Colin claims that he will ask Christie to marry him if they can get through the Race together.
Christie is the 1996 Miss Teen USA winner, the first and only one from Texas. However, she considers her biggest accomplishment in life to be working to pay her entire way through college and graduating with honors. She describes herself and her teammate as "very competitive, extremely aggressive with strong personalities." Although Christie says that she is always late, she is also a perfectionist who hates losing.
Colin is the owner of a cell phone store. Among the accomplishments he is most proud of is getting Christie to fall in love with him, which he claims is better than being the top first-year dealer for a book publishing company in the United States. He also agrees that he and Christie are both very aggressive and "very outspoken and in-your-face." However, he is a very open person who will talk to anyone, while Christie is extremely private.
Colin & Christie are excited about competing in THE AMAZING RACE 5 because they will be able to travel the world and participate in this kind of competition. Christie adds, "Another reason for doing this Race is that it is a test to see if we are marriage potential. I know we can win, and if we do, we're getting married right after the show."
The Amazing Race 5
|Colin & Christie's Race History|
|1||1||United States → Uruguay||Zips / Chips||No Roadblock||7 of 11|
|2||2||Uruguay → Argentina||Perro / Tango||Colin||6 of 10|
|3||3||Argentina||Smooth Sailing / Rough Riding||Colin||1 of 9|
|4||4||Argentina → Russia||Block 5 Shots / Drink 1 Shot||Christie||2 of 8|
|5||5||Russia → Egypt||Used Fast Forward||1 of 7►|
|6||6||Egypt||Herd It / Haul It||Colin||1 of 7|
|7||7||Egypt → Kenya → Tanzania||Buzzing / Busy||Colin||2 of 6|
|8||8||Tanzania → United Arab Emirates||Off Place / Off Road||Colin||1 of 5|||
|9||9||United Arab Emirates → India||Heavy but Short / Light but Long||Colin||1 of 5|
|10||10||India → New Zealand||Clean / Dirty||Colin||1 of 5|
|11||11||New Zealand → The Philippines||Plow / Fowl||Colin||4 of 4<|
|12||12||The Philippines||Unknown||Colin||3 of 4|||
|13||The Philippines → Canada → United States||Slide / Ride||Colin||2 of 3|||
- At the Switchback in Season 25's "Smells Like Dirty Tube Socks", Phil called Colin's behavior, at the Plow Detour ("My ox is broken!") in "It's Okay, Run Them Over!" (Leg 11), the "biggest breakdown ever" in the show's history.
- First team to win three consecutive legs.
- First team to win six legs in a single season.
- First team to be Yielded.
- First team to place last on the 11th leg of the race and not be eliminated.
- After the airing of the Race, Colin proposed to Christie on The Early Show. She accepted and they got married. They currently have two sons.
- In post-race interviews, Colin and Christie were disappointed that their edit was skewed.
- They were invited to participate in The Amazing Race: All-Stars, but had to decline due to Christie's pregnancy with their first child.
- Colin is now a Senior Vice President at 3D Robotics involving drones.
- Christie's Wikipedia page: Christie Lee Woods
- Ethan Alter at TV Guide Online (08/31/2004): "Colin strikes back at Mirna!"
- Harry Smith at The Early Show (09/22/2004): "Amazing Race Ends With Proposal"
- Ethan Alter at TV Guide Online (09/29/2004): "TAR's Colin & Christie: 'We're Nice' "
- 3-Part Series on TARfiles
Social Media Profiles
- Colin's Facebook: /colinguinn
- Colin's Twitter: @colinguinn
- Colin's Instagram: /colinguinn
- Christie's Facebook: /christiewoodstexas
- Christie's Instagram: /christiewoods1
|The Amazing Race 5 Teams|