|Cindy & Rick|
|Hometown:||San Diego, California|
|Occupation:|| Dentist (Cindy)|
|Roadblock Count:|| Cindy: 3|
|Countries Raced:|| |
Cindy Chac and Richard "Rick" Chac are a team of Newlyweds on The Amazing Race 27.
Retrieved from CBS.com
- Age: 36
- Hometown: San Diego, Calif.
- Connection to your teammate: Spouse
- Current occupation: Dentist
- Describe what you do: I'm the big bad scary dentist with the screeching drill, sharp instruments and blood sucking straw that nightmares are made of! Just kidding! Quite the opposite, actually. My staff and I work really hard to change patients' perception of dentists and dental offices in general...we're here to help!
- 3 words to describe you: Thoughtful, fun-loving and hard-working.
- Favorite hobbies: Trying new cuisines, shopping and baking.
- What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Earning my professional degree. My parents left Vietnam when I was only 1.5 months old in search of a better future in the United States for us 6 kids. They always emphasized the importance of education and hard work so I studied hard and worked even harder to get to where I am professionally today. Definitely no silver spoons here!
- What famous person reminds you of yourself? Drew Barrymore in her many romantic comedies - light hearted, fun-loving and charming.
- What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Edward Cullen from Twilight. Pale...really, really pale, glistening skin, thin, blazing eyes - but his love is eternal!
- What scares you most about traveling? Jetlag- the struggle is real! It's hard resting your internal clock! But I think with the race and all the adrenaline, it'll help keep me moving!
- What excites you most about traveling? Seeing and experiencing different cultures and food. I love different foods! I'll eat anything- as long as it's edible and not gross and sinful!
- Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: My husband is very confrontational. He wants to address each and every problem head on- whether it is major or minor and I find it exhausting! I want us to be able to communicate productively, without me secretly rolling my eyes at him.
- Pet peeve about your teammate: He's not a good listener. He loves to talk but when it comes to listening, he only hears what he wants to hear. It's so frustrating. It's like I'm wasting my breath sometimes because I'll say one thing and it'll just go in one ear and out the other!
- What country and place would you most like to visit and why? I love tropical places such as the Caribbean, Fiji and Bora Bora. Definitely would love to see Australia and New Zealand because I love the Australian accent. Hoping to pick up the accent along the way, mate!
- What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? Rick and I both have achieved great success individually in our lives thus far. But put us together and we're the clash of the Titans! I hope to be able to work well with my husband and learn to pick my battles and know when to put my stubbornness aside, especially because we want to start a family soon!
- Follow on Twitter and Instagram: @CindyChacChac
- Age: 38
- Hometown: San Diego, Calif.
- Connection to your teammate: Spouse
- Current occupation: OB/GYN
- Describe what you do: I'm an OB/GYN - I catch babies (usually in the middle of the night) and take out uteruses.
- 3 words to describe you: Energetic, funny and smart.
- Favorite hobbies: Driving, photography and karaoke.
- What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Being a successful Board Certified Physician and an OB/GYN fellow before age 40- while coming from an immigrant first generation family. I worked for my American dream!
- What famous person reminds you of yourself? Sheldon from "The Big Bang Theory" and Short-Round from "Indiana Jones."
- What famous person reminds you of your teammate? A mix between Jennifer Aniston and Katniss from "The Hunger Games."
- What scares you most about traveling? Nothing really. I wanted to live in the airport when I was a kid. Losing my passport would be a fear I guess.
- What excites you most about traveling? Seeing new places, experiencing different cultures and learning about the local customs. I try to learn a new language each time I travel.
- Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: Because we're both professionals, we like things done our way. We're both very stubborn; sometimes she won't admit I'm right just to stand her ground.
- Pet peeve about your teammate: Her messiness. Her hair is everywhere. Sometimes, she cries over the smallest things.
- What country and place would you most like to visit and why? I would love to race to China and Vietnam as I've never been to China and Cindy has never been to Vietnam- both with history tied to our roots!
- What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? We're still learning about each other on a daily basis. We fight and we're thinking of starting a family. The past year has been difficult. We need something like the Amazing Race to find each other again. Spend time together and see if we have what it takes to be teammates and future parents.
The Amazing Race 27
|Cindy & Rick's Race History|
|1||1||United States → Brazil||Sand / Sidewalk||No Roadblock||3 of 11|
|2||2||Brazil → Argentina||Cartoneros / Fleteros||Cindy||5 of 10|
|3||3||Argentina||Horse / Carriage||Rick||7 of 9|
|4||4||Argentina → Zambia → Zimbabwe||Co-Op / Croquet||Rick||5 of 8|
|5||5||Zimbabwe||Crocs / Canoes||Cindy||7 of 8|
|6||6||Zimbabwe → France||Drops Mic / Bust a Crab||Rick||5 of 7|||
|7||7||France → The Netherlands||Ship / Skip||Rick||7 of 7|
- The couple announced that they are expecting a child in 2016.
- Cindy & Rick's child, Camden Liam Chac was born on May 3, 2016.
- Cindy is of Vietnamese descent while Rick is of Chinese descent.
- Health News Team at Sharp.com (09/25/2015): "5 questions for Dr. Rick Chac of "The Amazing Race"
- Jeff Zevely on CBS8 (09/28/2015): "Local couple's amazing experience on the race"
- Rob Cesternino at RHAP (11/11/2015): "Amazing Race 2015| Season 27 Exit Questions with 5th Team Eliminated"
- Elizabeth Kwiatkowski at Reality TV World (11/11/2015): "Exclusive: 'The Amazing Race' couple Cindy Chac and Rick Chac talk" [Parts 1 & 2]
- Sheri Block at eTalk.ca (11/13/2015): "Cindy and Rick blame tiredness for transportation mistakes on Amazing Race"
Social Media Profiles
- Cindy & Rick's Facebook: /teamchacattack
- Cindy's Twitter: @cindychacchac
- Cindy's Facebook: /cindy.ly.1610
- Rick's Facebook: /rick.chac
- ↑ https://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/cast/215094/
- ↑ https://www.facebook.com/teamchacattack/photos/a.1646400365630360.1073741825.1646399988963731/1728075847462811/?type=3&theater
- ↑ https://www.facebook.com/teamchacattack/photos/a.1654700621467001.1073741829.1646399988963731/1730829867187409/?type=3&theater
|The Amazing Race 27 Teams|