|Chris & Alex|
|Members|| Christopher Luca|
|Birth Dates|| August 28, 1976 (Chris)|
February 25, 1977 (Alex)
|Roadblock Count|| Chris: 5|
|Countries raced|| |
Chris Luca and Alex Boylan are the winners of the The Amazing Race 2.
Despite their fluctuating standing throughout the entire race, Chris & Alex managed to beat consistent frontrunners Tara & Wil in the closest finish in the race's history.
Chris and Alex met on the school bus heading for their first day of kindergarten, and have been friends ever since. They've traveled extensively together, logging "about a million miles on road trips." According to Alex, "The best thing about traveling with Chris is that he is just as crazy as I am." Chris counters with his own assessment: "The best aspects of traveling with Alex are his extensive travel experience and his uncanny ability to get us into some very interesting situations. The only weakness he has is that he's a loose cannon, but you get used to that."
Going into the Race, Chris and Alex speculate about how the experience might affect their relationship. "Since day one we were like brothers," says Chris, "and even an amazing experience like THE AMAZING RACE wouldn't change us being like family." Alex agrees: "Chris and I have stayed friends through thick and thin. Nothing, not even this Race, would affect things between us. No matter if Chris makes a good or bad decision on the road, I will back him 100%."
The Amazing Race 2
|Chris & Alex's Race History|
|1||1||United States → Brazil||Mountain / Beach||No Roadblock||6 of 11|
|2||2||Brazil||Freak Out / Seek Out||Alex||2 of 10|
|3||3||Brazil → South Africa||Dance / Deliver||Chris||7 of 9|
|4||4||South Africa → Namibia||Slide / Stride||Alex||7 of 8|||
|5||5||Namibia → Thailand||Confusion Now / Confusion Later||Chris||1 of 7|
|6||6||Thailand||Boat / Beast||Chris||6 of 6|
|7||7||Thailand → Hong Kong||Wishing Tree / Herbal Tea||Chris||2 of 6|
|8||8||Hong Kong → Australia||Dragon / Lion||Alex||2 of 5|
|9||Australia||Used Fast Forward||1 of 5►|
|9||10||Australia → New Zealand||Quick Jump / Long Hike||Chris||3 of 4|
|10||11||New Zealand||Drop / Climb||Alex||3 of 4|
|11||12||New Zealand → United States||Bike / Walk||Alex||3 of 3|
|13||United States||Unknown||Chris||1 of 3|||
1: Chris & Alex incurred a retroactive 42-minute penalty for speeding. Their penalty was issued after their check in, but because they were the penultimate team to arrive in the previous leg, they still departed last on the following leg.
2: Leg 13 had a Detour, however all teams were shown performing the same task, and was aired as a miscellaneous task which is believed to the Snow Cat task at Trapper's Creek.
- First winning team that also had won a prize for finishing first in a prior leg.
- First team to finish last in a non-elimination leg and win the race.
- First team also to finish last on more than one non-elimination leg and still win the race.
- First team to finish last in the penultimate leg but still go on to cross the Finish Leg first.
- Tied for the most won legs, 3
- Last all-male team standing
- Chris held a surprise-wedding to marry his long-time girlfriend in summer 2004.
- For Seasons 5 and 6, Alex wrote short recaps on TARflies.
- Alex became a television producer. Along with Emmy-nominated editor/director Zsolt Luka and former Pearl Islands Survivor contestant Burton Roberts, Boylan co-produced Around The World For Free, a web series where a traveler would take on a journey around the world with no money. Its first season was hosted by Boylan himself.
- In May 2012, he and Burton hosted CBS Buzz Tour to help promote the 2012-13 tv season.
- Alex also turned into hosting shows including, At the Chef's Table (2004), Health Corner's (2005), What's Cooking with Alex (2006), and Animal Attractions Television.
- CBS.com (05/16/2002): "After The Race Q&A"
- Angel Cohn at TV Guide (05/30/2002): "Amazing Friends Grab Cash!"
- Maggie FitzRoy at The Florida Times-Union (01/22/2003): "Amazing Race gives buddies a chance to make changes"
- Ellen Goodstein at Bankrate (01/30/2004): "Reality-show winner survive financial perils" with Alex
- TARflies interview (08/04/2004): "From the Race to the Chef's Table" with Alex
- TARflies essay by Alex (07/24/2005): "How Chris and I got on the Amazing Race"
- Brian DiMaio at The Daily Quarterly (01/13/2012): "Q&A with TV Producer Alex Boylan"
- Patty Malaver (08/30/2012): "Alex Boylan Interview - Amazing Race Winner"
Social Media Profiles
- Alex's Facebook: /alexander.boylan
- Alex's Twitter: @alexboylan
- Alex's Instagram: /boylanalex
- Alex's Website: http://www.dreamjobbing.com/
- Alex's Wikipedia page: Alex Boylan
- ↑ http://www.tarflies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=382
- ↑ http://www.tarflies.com/article.php?cat_id=39
- ↑ http://www.cbsnews.com/news/around-the-world-for-free/
- ↑ http://www.buddytv.com/articles/the-amazing-race/the-amazing-race-alex-boylans-18373.aspx
- ↑ https://www.cbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/releases/view?id=32155
|The Amazing Race 2 Teams|