|Chester & Ephraim|
|Members|| Chester Pitts II|
|Birth Dates|| June 26, 1979 (Chester)|
June 19, 1976 (Ephraim)
|Age|| 33 (Chester)|
|Hometown|| Missouri City, TX (Chester)|
Studio City, CA (Ephraim)
|Relation||Former NFL teammates|
|Occupation|| Sports Anchor/Analyst (Chester)|
Co-host of "Fox Sports Live" (Ephraim)
|Roadblock Count|| Chester: 2|
Chester Pitts II and Ephraim Salaam are a team of Former NFL teammates on the 23rd season of The Amazing Race.
- Age: 33
- Hometown: Missouri City, Texas
- Connection to Teammate: Friend and Former NFL Teammate
- Current occupation: Sports Anchor/Analyst for "Texans Insider," Executive Consultant for ZT Wealth and Altus HMS. Played for the Houston Texans and Seattle Seahawks, totaling nine seasons over 10 years in the NFL.
- Describe what you do: I anchor and report mainly sports, but occasionally do some feel-good stories. I educate others on how to live within their means. I help people achieve their goals, one person at a time.
- 3 words to describe you: Genuine, passionate and hard-working.
- Favorite hobbies: Reading, autocross and watching movies.
- What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? I am proud of having the most awesome family ever!
- What famous person reminds you of yourself? Shaquille O'Neal but far more handsome.
- What famous person reminds you of your teammate? No one. Ephraim is truly a unique individual. But, if I have to pick one, Forrest Whittaker.
- What scares you most about traveling? Germs!
- What excites you most about traveling? New experiences, people and cultures.
- Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: He is impulsive, but also "smells the roses."
- Pet peeve about your teammate: He struggles with the truth on occasion.
- What country and place would you most like to visit and why? London. I would like to have tea with the Queen.
- What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? Winning is enough for me.
- Age: 36
- Hometown: Studio City, Calif.
- Connection to your teammate: Friend and NFL Teammate
- Current occupation: Co-host of "Fox Sports Live." Played for the Denver Broncos, Jacksonville Jaguars, Detroit Lions, Houston Texans and Atlanta Falcons totaling 13 years in the NFL.
- Describe what you do: I guest host for a few shows across different networks, as well as do football analysis.
- 3 words to describe you: Obstinate, competitive (ultra) and proud.
- Favorite hobbies: Movies, video games and traveling.
- What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Being a great father.
- What famous person reminds you of yourself? Shaquille O'Neal
- What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Michael Clarke Duncan
- What scares you most about traveling? Leg room on the planes, trams and busses
- What excites you most about traveling? Exploring new places and experiencing different cultures.
- Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: He doesn't listen very much. He thinks he's smarter than everyone else. I would like to see him in a situation where he had to listen.
- Pet peeve about your teammate: He never wants to do anything new and exciting and he's cheap as hell.
- What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Africa. I would love to see the motherland. My mother travels there a lot and she says it's glorious.
- What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? I would like to experience the race with Chester because he never wants to do anything adventurous. He loves to play it safe.
The Amazing Race 23
|Chester & Ephraim's Race History|
|Episode||Leg||Destination(s)|| Detour Choice|
|1||1||United States → Chile||No Detour||Ephraim||4 of 11|||
|2||2||Chile||Brining / Mining||Chester||1 of 10|
|3||3||Chile → Portugal||Did not perform||Did not perform||9 of 9|||
1: Leg 1 had two Roadblocks and no Detour. The team member who sat out the first Roadblock was required to perform the second one.
2: Due to trouble with connecting flights and delays, Chester & Ephraim had fallen so far behind that all other teams had already checked into the Pit Stop by the time they finally arrived in Lisbon. Before they could go for their first clue, Phil greeted them personally at the airport to eliminate them.
- Joyce Eng at TV Guide Online (10/13/2013): "We Don't Regret Taking the Double Connection"
- Elimination Interviews at CBS.com (10/14/2013): "Elimination Interview: Chester and Ephraim"
- Elizabeth Kwiatkowski at Reality TV World (10/15/2013): "Exclusive - Chester Pitts II and Ephraim Salaam talk 'The Amazing Race" [Parts 1 & 2]
- Gina Scarpa at Reality Wanted (10/16/2013): "The Amazing Race 23: Exclusive Interview with Chester Pitts II and Ephraim Salaam"
- Sheri Block at CTV.ca (10/18/2013): "Chester and Ephraim wish they hadn't taken such an aggressive travel route"
- Daniel Fienberg at HitFix.com (10/20/2013): "Former NFL teammates discuss keeping their cool on national TV"
Social Media Profiles
- Chester's Twitter: @ChesterPitts
- Chester's Website: chesterpittsfoundation.org
- Ephraim's Twitter: @EphraimSalaam
|The Amazing Race 23 Teams|