|Brian & Ericka|
|Members|| Brian Kleinschmidt|
|Occupation|| Marketing Tour Manager (Brian)|
Entertainer/Miss America 2004 (Erika)
|Roadblock Count|| Brian: 6|
|Countries raced|| |
Brian Kleinschmidt and Ericka Dunlap are a Married team on the 15th season of The Amazing Race.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Ericka and Brian Kleinschmidt are excited to be the first married interracial team on The Amazing Race. They have a singular game plan in mind — to win over the hearts and minds of The Amazing Race audience by proving that true love is color blind. They compare their relationship to the Yin-Yang symbol, which represents the philosophy of two total opposites coming together as one to accomplish a common goal.
Ericka and Brian met at a leadership seminar at the University of Central Florida nine years ago, and it was love at first sight for Brian. Ericka, on the other hand, played hard to get for the next five years….but Brian's persistence finally paid off as the couple shared wedding vows over two years ago.
Ericka has lived a very structured, prim and proper life but plans to embrace her true self and expose a vulnerable side of her life beyond Miss America while racing around the world. Her life's goal is to become hey a country music recording artist.
Brian is an all-American guy who contends that nice guys do not always have to finish last. He has enjoyed life as a standout athlete, singer, actor, and loyal friend. The opportunity to extensively tour the U.S. with his job as a sports and entertainment marketing manager has further boosted Brian's confidence and travel expertise.
Though some may see Brian and Ericka as total opposites, they believe that their differences are actually their greatest strength and will propel them around the world all the way towards the finish line.
The Amazing Race 15
|Brian & Erika's Race History|
|Episode||Leg||Destination(s)|| Detour Choice|
|1||1||United States → Japan||No Detour||Brian||6 of 12|
|2||Japan → Vietnam||No Detour||Ericka||10 of 11|
|2||3||Vietnam||Child's Play / Word Play||Brian||4 of 10|
|3||4||Vietnam → Cambodia||Cover / Wrap||Ericka||3 of 9|
|4||5||Cambodia → United Arab Emirates||Build a Snowman / Find a Snowman||Brian||2 of 8|
|5||6||United Arab Emirates||Gold / Glass||Brian||4 of 7|
|6||7||United Arab Emirates → The Netherlands||Farmer's Game / Farmer's Dance||Ericka||5 of 6|||
|7||8||The Netherlands → Sweden||Nobel Dynamite / Viking Alphabet||Brian||3 of 5|
|8||9||Sweden → Estonia||Serve / Sling||Ericka||4 of 5|
|9||10||Estonia → Czech Republic||Fast & Furious / Slow & Steady||Ericka||4 of 4|
|10||11||Czech Republic||Legend / Lager||Brian||3 of 4|||
|11||12||Czech Republic → United States||No Detour||Ericka||3 of 3|
1: Brian & Ericka initially arrived 5th, but were issued a 30-minute penalty because they did not travel by bicycle to the Detour as instructed in their clue. This did not affect their placement.
2: Brian & Ericka initially arrived 3rd, but were issued a 30-minute penalty for writing down the letters in the Roadblock task before reaching the office, which was explicitly prohibited in the clue. This did not affect their placement.
- In 2010, together with co-racers Meghan & Cheyne, Brian & Ericka started Custom Quest, a company that produces Amazing Race-like events to help facilitate team-building and leadership for organizations and corporations. Their first produced event was The Gotham Quest in New York City on May 8, 2010.
- Prior to Meghan & Cheyne's marriage on May 7, 2011, Brian and Ericka had gotten a divorce.
- Brian has since re-married and is now with his high school sweetheart 
- In January 2015, Brian's commercial for Doriotos was a finalist for a Super Bowl contest.
- In October 2015, Brian appeared on Shark Tank asking for an investment in his company, EZPeeZ, which is supposed to make potty train children easier for parents.
- However, he received no offers and was advised to shutdown the product before putting more money into the company.
- Youngest married couple ever, 27.
- First married interracial couple.
- First co-ed team to finish the race without winning any leg at all.
- People.com (12/08/2009): "Ericka & Brian Stronger Than Ever"
- Gina Scarpa at Reality Wanted (12/08/2009): "The Amazing Race 15: Exclusive Interview with Brian Kleinschmidt and Ericka Dunlap"
- Digital Spy (12/08/2009): "Being at back had advantage"
- Joyce Eng at TV Guide Online (12/09/2009): "Poker Chips — Not the Bungee — Were Our Demise"
- Christopher Rocchio at Reality TV World (12/09/2009): "Exclusive: Ericka Dunlap, Brian Kleinschmidt talk The Amazing Race 15"
- Jessica Liese at RHAP (01/26/2015): "TAR's Brian Kleinschmidt | Super Bowl Commercial"
- Ericka's Wikipedia page: Ericka Dunlap
- Ericka's Facebook: /ericka.dunlap
- Ericka's Twitter: @ErickaDunlap
- Ericka's Website: www.erickadunlap.com
- Brian's YouTube: /UCHmoNO15_e4y_4fTrta3wdg
- ↑ http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/cast/36585/
- ↑ http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/amazing-race-winners-marry-in-show-themed-wedding-201195
- ↑ http://ticket.heraldtribune.com/2014/08/18/actor-swings-tarzan-amazing-race-around-world/
- ↑ http://www.tampabay.com/news/humaninterest/riverview-man-finalist-in-super-bowl-commercial-contest/2212750
- ↑ http://www.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment/tv/tv-guy/os-shark-tank-ucf-grad-potty-training-20151013-post.html
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdrGDZ8ivkY
- ↑ http://sharktankblog.com/business/ez-pee-z/
|The Amazing Race 15 Teams|