|Members|| Reggie Black|
|Age|| 42 (Reggie)|
|Relation||Dad, Mom and Kids|
|Occupation|| High school teacher (Reggie)|
5th grade teacher (Kim)
Elementary school graduate(Kenneth)
4th grade student (Austin)
|Roadblock Count|| Reggie: 0|
Reggie Black, Kimberly Black, Kenneth Black, and Austin Black are a team of Dad, Mom and Kids on the family edition of The Amazing Race.
The Black family is from Woodbridge, Virginia. Reggie and Kimberly, who met in undergraduate school, have been married for over 17 years. Their two sons, Kenneth, 11, and Austin, 8, round out this team of four who compete competitively in Tae Kwon Do tournaments.
Reggie, 42, is the team leader. He is a high school teacher who describes himself as calm yet competitive. Reggie graduated from Norfolk State University with a degree in mathematics.
Kimberly, 40, is a fifth grade teacher who considers herself to be witty and determined. She earned her Masters in Education from Marymount University.
Kenneth is entering sixth grade. His favorite hobbies are soccer and Tae Kwon Do. Kenneth earned his black belt in Tae Kwon Do over 2 years ago.
At 8 years old, Austin is the youngest contestant ever to compete in THE AMAZING RACE. He will be in fourth grade and has an advanced brown belt in Tae Kwon Do. Austin plans on earning his black belt within the next few months.
The Black Family is the epitome of dedication and heart. Despite their limited traveling experience, they are determined to show they have what it takes to compete on THE AMAZING RACE.
The Amazing Race 8: Family Edition
|The Black Family's Race History|
|1||1||New York → New Jersey → Pennsylvania||Build It / Buggy It||No Roadblock||10 of 10|
- Austin is the youngest ever racer at the age of 8 (Adele of Tom & Adele, Jacob of Constantine & Jacob, and Romi of Romi & Coral are all the youngest in standard format).
- The Black Family are the first team to be eliminated in the United States.
- The Black Family are the first team to place 10th and be the first team eliminated from the season.
- Harry Smith on The Early Show (09/28/2005): "Virginians First to Lose Race"
- Jenn Brasler at RealityNewsOnline (09/29/2005): "That Was the Biggest Disappointment"
- The Connection (11/02/2005): "Reggie and Kimberly Black recount their adventures on Race"
|The Amazing Race Family Edition Teams|