|Bergen & Kurt|
|Members|| Bergen Olson|
Kurt Jordan Belcher
|Age|| 23 (Bergen)|
|Hometown|| Sunnyvale, CA (Bergen)|
Butler, KY (Kurt)
|Occupation|| HR Project Manager (Bergen)|
Pageant Consultant (Kurt)
|Roadblock Count|| Bergen: 2|
- Name: Bergen Olson
- Age: 23
- Hometown: Sunnyvale, Calif.
- Relationship Status: Single
- Current occupation: Human Resources Project Manager
- Describe what you do: I work for a tech start up in the Silicon Valley, leading the implementation of our company's Human Resources Information System.
- 3 words to describe you: Energetic, driven and empathetic.
- Favorite hobbies: Watching and playing sports, especially volleyball. I love to cook and bake - my favorites include chocolate chip cookies, meatballs, pasta and mashed potatoes! So naturally, I love eating all of my favorites! I also love to travel, even though I haven't done much of it!
- What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Not to sound cliché, but coming out and being proud of who I truly am to my friends and family, especially in a conservative Minnesota county, was one of my proudest accomplishments. I'm also really proud of where I am at with my career at only age 23.
- What scares you most about traveling? I think what scares me most about traveling is the language barrier, as well as getting lost and not knowing where I am is a little unsettling.
- What excites you most about traveling? I can't wait to see different cultures and experience the different ways that people live all over the world! To me that will be truly unforgettable, as it will open my eyes to things I haven't experienced before!
- How many serious relationships have you been in? It really depends how you consider "serious." I have been in 5 relationships, but none have gone longer than a year. Hopefully that will change soon!
- What are your deal breakers in a relationship? I can't date anyone that smokes, does drugs, has poor personal hygiene or has a tendency to cheat and lie.
- What are the top 3 qualities you are looking for in a mate? A good personality, has a good sense of humor and someone who makes me feel special and loved. I love nothing more than for my partner to make me laugh and smile each and every day!
- What are 3 turn offs or pet peeves in a mate? Smoking/bad breath, poor personal hygiene and bad kisser.
- Who is your celebrity crush? Can't just pick one, so... Channing Tatum, Tom Daley and Zac Efron. I may be gay, but Jennifer Aniston is on the list too!
- What famous person reminds you of yourself? A mix between the following: Ellen DeGeneres, Oprah and Melissa McCarthy! Just wait till you meet me and the answer will explain itself!
- What country and place would you most like to visit and why? This is such a hard question, but one that tops the list would be Bergen, Norway! Anywhere in Europe or Australia too!
- Name: Kurt Jordan Belcher
- Age: 24
- Hometown: Butler, KY
- Relationship Status: Single
- Current occupation: Pageant consultant
- Describe what you do: Anything from coaching, directing, judging, hair and managing production! I've done it in 8 states now from local, to state, to National Level Pageantry.
- 3 words to describe you: Gifted, abrasive (sometimes) and funny.
- Favorite hobbies: Karaoke, volleyball and pageants.
- What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Honestly, probably coming out as a gay man in high school. I'm from a very small town.
- What scares you most about traveling? Flying! What excites you most about traveling? Being somewhere where you have never been before is *very exciting. There is a lot of beauty and charm in the world & it's a basic human desire to explore it. Plus, Once your trip is over you get to go back to good ole' home sweet home.
- How many serious relationships have you been in? I have actually never been in a relationship. While I am picky, I have not had the best of luck.
- What are your deal breakers in a relationship? Controlling and lazy! I want somebody that's loving and a hard worker.
- What are the top 3 qualities you are looking for in a mate? Family oriented, funny and stability.
- What are 3 turn offs or pet peeves in a mate? Personal hygiene - stay clean! Being lazy and not motivated. If they care about me, they better show it! Dedication!!
- Who is your celebrity crush? Bradley Cooper- yes please!
- What famous person reminds you of yourself? Carol Channing
- What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Rome - "The Eternal City." Not only is it beautiful and has a romantic atmosphere but it's the Capital of Italy & I LOVE Italian Food.
The Amazing Race 26
|Bergen & Kurt's Race History|
|1||1||United States → Japan||Syncing Steps / Samurai Sake||No Roadblock||6 of 11|
|2||2||Japan||Share / Chair||Bergen||5 of 10|
|3||3||Japan → Thailand||Ski / Tree||No Roadblock||7 of 9♥|||
|4||4||Thailand||Water / Wheel||Bergen||1 of 9|
|5||5||Thailand → Germany||Did not perform||Did not perform||8 of 8|||
1: Bergen & Kurt originally found the Date Night ticket. However, they decided to give their Date Night ticket to Matt & Ashley, upon witnessing their engagement at the Pit Stop.
2: Bergen & Kurt decided to take a 2-hour penalty after forfeiting to utilize the provided vehicle where they needed it in order to complete the task at the Gebr. Schwarz Metall Manufaktur in Munich, Germany due to difficulties driving it. Throughout the leg, Bergen & Kurt had to walk or use public transportation. Additionally, Bergen & Kurt got lost in finding the Detour location of their choice and fell behind all the other teams. Phil met with them at where they rested to eliminate them.
- Bergen & Kurt have not spoken since the Race, Kurt has blocked Bergen on social media.
- Along with Hayley & Blair, Jeff & Jackie, Jelani & Jenny, and Laura & Tyler, Bergen & Kurt are the second though sixth teams to race without a pre-existing relationship (after Mark & Mallory of All-Stars (2014)).
- Bergen & Kurt are the first team to receive the Date Night ticket and give it to another team.
- Bergen & Kurt are the first blind dating team to be eliminated.
- Lowest placing team to win a leg in their season. In fact, they were the only team to win a leg that did not place in the top 6.
- Bergen's Facebook: /bergenolson
- Kurt's Facebook: /kurt.j.belcher
- Bergen's Instagram: /bolson2224
- Bergen's Twitter: @bergenolson
|The Amazing Race 26 Teams|