|"Beauty Is Sometimes Skin Deep"|
|Episode No.:||2/13 (123)|
|First Broadcast:||February 25, 2007|
|Viewership (in millions):||8.17|
|Previous:||"I Told You Less Martinis and More Cardio"|
|Next:||"I'm Sorry I'm Wearing a Bathing Suit; It Is Very Weird, I Know"|
Beauty Is Sometimes Skin Deep is the second episode of The Amazing Race: All-Stars.
Racing to avoid elimination, four teams conduct a mad dash in 4x4's across the desert where frustration and anger boil over and alliance are shattered.
One team's daring attempts to outsmart the competition fall drastically when a chanced flight is delayed.
The order of departure from Mirador Cotopaxi are as follows:
The team member assigned to perform this Roadblock would have to enter the ground floor boardroom and search the boardroom for letters of the alphabet that were on display. Teams needed to figure out that the majority of the letters when unscrambled would spell out one of the ten destinations inscribed on the plaques hanging on the wall. When they think they solved the puzzle, which was Chuquicamata, they had to show their answer to the security guard who would hand them their next clue if they were correct.
The Roadblock performers per team are underlined:
Choice A: By Hand
Teams must choose one of the two-ton tires on one of the mine's massive dump trucks. They would have to properly align the bolts and washers on the tire and properly secure them. Once their work was approved by a judge, they would get their next clue.
Choice B: By Machine
Teams must use a front-end loader to transfer a pile of gravel from one post to another. Each team member would have to drive the vehicle at least once. When all of the gravel was transferred, teams would get their next clue.
Teams must drive themselves through Valle de la Luna toward Valle de la Muerte to check in.
For coming in first, Rob & Amber won an off-road motorcycle for each member.
First Place • Eliminated • Last placer on a Non-Elimination Leg • Season winner • Season 2nd place • Season 3rd place • ► Used the Fast Forward • > Used the Yield • < Recipient of the Yield
- The episode title is said by Charla, in reference to Dustin & Kandice's callous gameplay.
- The past-season highlight selected by Thermacare for its "The Amazing Race All-Stars Moment of Relief" during this episode was from The Amazing Race 3's "What Happens If I Slip? Am I Just Hanging Off a Cliff?" (Leg 5) when Teri & Ian used a siphon to remove the unleaded gasoline (a mistake committed by half of the teams) in their vehicle and then put in (the correct fuel) diesel to continue on the race.
- With Kevin & Drew's elimination, Joe & Bill are the last team from The Amazing Race 1 left racing.
- The city of Santiago was also previously visited in The Amazing Race 7's "The Whole Country Hates Me".
- Jace Lacob at Televisionary (02/26/2007): "A Miserable Thing, This Race: Rob and Amber Maintain Their Lead"
- Lyn Jensen at RealityTV Fans (08/26/2014): "The Amazing Race: Flashback to Season 11's 2nd Leg"