|Anita & Arthur|
|Members|| Anita Jones|
|Occupation|| Retired paralegal (Anita)|
Playground maintenance (Arthur)
|Roadblock Count|| Anita: 0|
Anita Jones and Arthur Jones are a team of Married Beekeepers on The Amazing Race 13.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Anita and Arthur can't wait to make the Race their next big adventure. This energetic couple is open hearted and free spirited. They make and sell their own honey and recently purchased an organic blueberry farm. They have known each other for over 26 years and have been married for almost 14 years. Their blended family and children are the most important part of their lives.
However, don't be fooled by their snowy white hair – they are no strangers to hard work. Living on a farm, they are responsible for maintaining their land, chopping wood and braving the hazardous conditions of beekeeping.
Anita describes herself as optimistic, enthusiastic and compassionate. She is running this Race in hopes of gaining insight to people and places from all corners of the world while traveling side by side with her husband. Her biggest pet peeve about her husband is that he sometimes over-analyzes situations…Anita believes simple can be so much better.
Arthur identifies himself as a problem fixer and hopes to gain a better understanding of himself and his partner. When asked how he and his teammate are most alike—Arthur says that he and his wife share a basic belief in the goodness of people.
This nature-loving couple is still young at heart, and they are ready to experience the world.
The Amazing Race 13
|Anita & Arthur's Race History|
|Episode||Leg||Destination(s)|| Detour Choice|
|1||1||United States → Brazil||Hard Way Up / Soft Way Down||No Roadblock||11 of 11|
- Oldest team to be the first team to be eliminated and finish in 11th place, with an age average of 62 while racing.
- Oscar Dahl at BuddyTV (09/29/2008): "Anita and Arthur, from The Amazing Race 13"
- Todd Gold at Xfinity.com (09/30/2008): "Arthur & Anita Find Bee-ing Eliminated First Stings"
- John Bracchitta at Reality TV World (09/30/2008): "Exclusive: Anita and Arthur talk about The Amazing Race ouster"
- Laura Belle at Reality Shack (Fall 2008): "Interview with Anita and Arthur of The Amazing Race, Season 13"
- DeAnn Welker at The Oregonian (12/06/2008): "Amazing Race finishes in Portland on Sunday"
- Anita & Arthur's Facebook: /TARhippies
|The Amazing Race 13 Teams|