|Andie & Jenna|
|Hometown:|| Atlanta, Georgia (Andie)|
Athens, Georgia (Jenna)
|Occupation:|| Stay-at-home mom (Andie)|
|Roadblock Count:|| Andie: 0|
Andie DeKroon and Jenna Sykes are a Birth Mom/Daughter team on The Amazing Race 17.
Retrieved from CBS.com
- Age: 43
- Hometown: Atlanta, Ga.
- Connection to your Teammate: Birth Mother
- Current occupation: Stay at home mom
- Favorite hobbies: Running, hiking, scrapbooking and learning foreign languages
- Achievements: Choosing life when faced with an unplanned pregnancy. More recently, raising a big family.
- Lifelong to do list: Skydive, bungee jump and get a diver's certification. I'm definitely having a midlife crisis.
- What scares you most about traveling? The fear that something bad will happen while I'm abroad and it will be hard for me to get to my family.
- What excites you most about traveling? Being somewhere totally out of my comfort zone
- If I could switch places with someone: A younger version of myself. I would love to have a do-over knowing what I know now.
- Role model/hero: My husband, Joe, because his strength of character never wavers. He inspires me to be the best person I can be.
- What are you passionate about? My kids! I love every part of being their mother.
- What would you do if you won the million dollars? I would give at least 10 percent to my children's school and to the Muscular Dystrophy Association to help kids like my sweet nephew, Mateo. The rest would go to raising and education my children.
- People would be surprised to learn: I am an at-home mom of 10 children, ages 18 months to 18 years.
- Favorite place you have ever visited: I visited Rome, Italy when I was 23 years-old.
- Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on the Race together: Experiencing all the stresses the other teams are facing, with the added stress that we've only just met and are still getting to know each other.
- What do you hope to accomplish by running the Race (other then winning one million bucks)? I want to get to know this person I brought into the world. I feel the opportunity of being together 24/7 for a while on the Race would give us the chance to know each other in a deeper way than we would if we met under normal circumstances.
- Pet peeve about your teammate: I don't know her well enough to have a pet peeve yet!
- Age: 21
- Hometown: Athens, Ga.
- Connection to your Teammate: Biological daughter
- Current occupation: Student
- Favorite hobbies: Traveling, movies and enjoying the music and nightlife in Athens excites me.
- Achievements: Testing my fear of heights by going glacier bungee jumping off a 300 foot cliff
- Lifelong to do list: I would like to have a family, be successful and never be afraid to dream bigger than what I thought was ever possible.
- What scares you most about traveling? Absolutely nothing
- What excites you most about traveling? It opens my mind to entirely different perspectives and way of life. I love to see everything I can and be completely in the moment.
- If I could switch places with someone: I wouldn't because I love my life! But, one Saturday as Uga (Georgia Bulldogs mascot) would be really fun.
- Role model/hero: My parents. I'll be lucky to be half the person and half the parent that each of them are.
- What are you passionate about? Traveling, seeing the world, writing, reading and loving my friends and family
- What would you do if you won the million dollars? I would take my parents and friends to Italy and then save the rest.
- People would be surprised to learn: I can rough it. I can't wait to go without makeup, without showering and without sleep on the Race.
- Favorite place you have ever visited: I love Interlaken, Switzerland. It is the extreme sports capital of the world!
- Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on the Race together: Since we just met, it will be harder for us to race without knowing one another as well as the other teams do. We have to trust each other way more and have faith in ourselves.
- What do you hope to accomplish by running the Race (other then winning one million bucks)? I hope to get to know my birth mother through this incredible opportunity. It is my hope that we will be able to spend a lot of time together and become friends.
The Amazing Race 17
|Andie & Jenna's Race History|
|Episode||Leg||Destination(s)|| Detour Choice|
|1||1||United States → United Kingdom||No Detour||Jenna||9 of 11|
|2||2||United Kingdom → Ghana||Tune In / Check Out||Jenna||10 of 10|
- Andie & Jenna are the first team to be eliminated in Ghana.
- Reality TV World (10/04/2010): "Exclusive - Andie DeKroon and Jenna Sykes talk The Amazing Race"
- Digital Spy (10/04/2010): "The recently-reunited mother and daughter say that they have no regrets about doing The Amazing Race"
- Gina Scarpa at Reality Wanted (10/04/2010): "The Amazing Race 17: Exclusive Interview with Andie DeKroon"
- Jessica Booth at Hollywood Life (10/04/2010): "Cast-Offs Andie & Jenna Tell Us How The Experience Brought Them Closer Together!"
- Carrie Bell at People.com (10/05/2010): "Amazing Race's Daughter & Birth Mother Team Have No Regrets About the Show"
- Carlo Patton at BuddyTV (10/06/2010): "Interview with Recently Eliminated Contestant Andie, on The Amazing Race"
- Teeuwynn Woodruff at RealityNewsOnline (10/06/2010): "Dream Big"
Social Media Profiles
- Andie & Jenna's Facebook: AndieJenna /AmazingRaceS17 AndieJenna
- Andie's Twitter: @andiedekroon
- Jenna's Facebook: /JennaSykes
- Jenna's Twitter: @JennaSykes2
|The Amazing Race 17 Teams|