|Aly & Steve|
|Members|| Alyson Dudek|
|Birth Dates|| July 30, 1990 (Aly)|
April 5, 1983 (Steve)
|Hometown|| Milwaukee, Wisconsin (Aly)|
Boston, Massachusetts (Steve)
|Occupation|| Athlete/Global Spokeswoman (Aly)|
Olympic Athlete (Steve)
|Roadblock Count|| Aly: 3|
|Countries raced|| |
Aly Dudek and Steve Langton are a team of Dating Olympians on The Amazing Race 26.
Retrieved from CBS.com
- Name: Aly Dudek
- Age: 24
- Hometown: Milwaukee, Wis.
- Relationship Status: Dating
- Length of Relationship: 7 months
- How did you meet? We met at the 2014 Olympics in Sochi, Russia, where we both competed for the USA in different sports.
- Current occupation: Athlete and global spokeswoman
- Describe what you do: I am a 2x Olympian and bronze medalist in the sport of short track speed skating and have been a member of the U.S. National Team since 2007. I also travel the world as a spokeswoman for a worldwide nutritional company.
- 3 words to describe you: Driven, passionate and adventurous.
- Favorite hobbies: Traveling, working out and cooking.
- What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Winning an Olympic bronze medal and competing in two Olympic Games.
- What famous person reminds you of yourself? Kate Hudson- her laugh and sense of humor. But I have been told many times, Robin from "How I Met Your Mother."
- What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Superman, or at least that's what everyone tells me.
- What scares you most about traveling? Being abducted.
- What excites you most about traveling? Views on this planet I never knew existed, meeting new people, trying new cultures and really getting away from everything I know.
- Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: At the beginning of our relationship, we struggled with communication, but mostly due to wanting to please each other. Luckily, we have had many talks about this and have been closer since.
- Pet peeve about your teammate: Those damn plaid, New England-y, coral and patterned shorts he wears!! Why?!
- What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Vietnam- It looks beautiful! Also, Tahiti- I have not traveled to many warm *places due to my sport. Also, Costa Rica- I'd like to zipline, and Santorini- the "white island."
- What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? I want to travel the world with Steve. We have had many conversations about going on adventures, and I don't want to do it with anyone else.
- How could the Race change the current state of your relationship? We can really learn how each other's strengths and weaknesses make us better for each other and also better people.
- Name: Steven Langton
- Age: 31
- Hometown: Boston
- Relationship Status: Dating
- Length of relationship: Seven months
- How did you meet? Aly and I met at the 2014 Olympic Games through a teammate of hers and a teammate of mine who were close friends. It was love at first sight!
- Current occupation: Olympic Athlete
- Describe what you do: My day to day consists of racing down an icy shoot and wearing spandex one pieces with my closest buddies. I have competed for the United States National Bobsled team since 2007, representing my country at the last two Olympic Games.
- 3 words to describe you: Determined, spontaneous and passionate.
- Favorite hobbies: Fishing, hiking and traveling.
- What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? I'm most proud of winning two Bronze Medals at the Sochi Olympic Games in Russia and double Gold at the 2012 World Championships.
- What famous person reminds you of yourself? Hugh Jackman because of his stellar "power beard" growing ability.
- What famous person reminds you of your teammate? I'm going to go with Snow White in Snow White and the Huntsman because of her tenacity. When she sets her sights on something, watch out!
- What scares you most about traveling? Losing my wallet or passport. That would be a bad day.
- What excites you most about traveling? Trying new things, exploring exotic places and experiencing new cultures.
- Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: When something is bothering her, I would like her to express her concerns more openly so that we can attack it together.
- Pet peeve about your teammate: Sometimes when she gets stressed, rather than use me as support, she tends to block me out.
- What country and place would you most like to visit and why? I'd love to see Thailand for it's beautiful beaches, thick jungles and unique culture.
- What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? We both have a passion for traveling and have done so extensively individually. We see the race as an opportunity to see the world together. Competing with my girlfriend and best friend will be the true test of our relationship.
- How could the Race change the current state of your relationship? We can start the life and quality of life that we both want sooner than expected. This will be a total make or break. If we can make it through this, we can make it through anything.
The Amazing Race 26
|Aly & Steve's Race History|
|Episode||Leg||Destination(s)|| Detour Choice|
|1||1||United States → Japan||Syncing Steps / Samurai Sake||No Roadblock||4 of 11|
|2||2||Japan||Share / Chair||Aly||3 of 10|
|3||3||Japan → Thailand||Ski / Tree||No Roadblock||5 of 9|
|4||4||Thailand||Water / Wheel||Steve||3 of 9|
|5||5||Thailand → Germany||Stein / Stack||Aly||1 of 8|
|6||6||Germany → France → Monaco → France||Don't Slack Off / Win By a Nose||Steve||2 of 7|
|7||7||France → Namibia||Track / Pack||Aly||6 of 6|
|8||8||Namibia||Work / Play||Steve||6 of 6⋑|
- They are the fourth team to share a similar team name with another team (Steve & Allie from Season 16) from a previous season (after Cyndi & Russell and Russell & Cindy from Seasons 2 and 4, Amanda & Chris and Amanda & Kris from Season 4 and 14/Unfinished Business, and Pamela & Vanessa and Vanessa & Pamela from Asia Season 2 and Philippines Season 1).
- Aly & Steve are both Olympic bronze medalists. Aly won for short track speed skating at the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver, while Steve won two for bobsleigh at the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi.
- Aly's Wikipedia page: Alyson Dudek
- Steve's Wikipedia page: Steven Langton
- Joyce Eng at TV Guide Online (04/20/2015): "The Flat Tire Was the Nail in the Coffin"
- Rob Cesternino at RHAP (04/20/2015): "Amazing Race 2015: Talking with the Latest Team Eliminated from TAR 26"
- Elimination Interviews at CBS.com (04/20/2015): "Emotions Ran Wild In Africa And Sent Olympians Aly And Steve Packing: How the Race affected their relationship"
- Lisa Costantini at TeamUSA.org (04/21/2015): "Speedskater Aly Dudek Takes You Behind The Scenes Of The Amazing Race"
- Elizabeth Kwiatkowski at Reality TV World (04/21/2015): "Exclusive: 'The Amazing Race' Olympians and dating couple Aly Dudek and Steven Langton talk" [Parts 1 & 2]
- Sheri Block at CTV.ca (04/23/2015): "Being Olympians both helped and hindered Aly and Steve"
Social Media Profiles
- Alyson Dudek - International Skating Union
- Alyson Dudek - United States Olympic Committee
- Aly's Facebook: /AlysonDudek
- Aly's Twitter: @alydudek
- Aly's Instagram: /alydudek
- Steve's Facebook: /OfficialStevenLangton
- Steve's Twitter: @StevenLangton
- Steve's Instagram: /stevenlangton
|The Amazing Race 26 Teams|